1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to Transfer Bookmarks from Motorola Droid to My Mac Desktop?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MelinitaW, Aug 18, 2011.

1. MelinitaW

MelinitaW Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    I have a lot of bookmarks on my Droid and don't want to manually transfer them one by one. Is there a way to email the bookmark list to myself, so I can look at them on my desktop (a Mac with Safari as browser)? I see ways to back up the list with an app but not to transfer it to a different browser, so if I could put it into an email, I'd be OK. Thanks!.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Not sure of a way to do it by batch, but you can do it one by one. Just open the bookmark in the browser, then hit menu-share page, and either email it, text it, bluetooth it etc

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Depends probably on what browser you use on your Droid.
    Free solutions
    -Default browser can synchronize bookmarks to Chrome using Phonemarks app along with Phonemarks extension
    -Opera can sync all its bookmarks via Opera Link to Opera on PC and you can export from that. Safari can also access Opera Link website but I dont know if it has sync or import functionality from it. However Opera on PC can export its bookmarks to Safari.
    -Dolphin Browser can synchronize bookmarks between it and Mac/PC browsers (Chrome, IE, FireFox, Safari) via Xmarks for Dolphin on phone and Xmarks plugin on the browser.

Paid
    -So far the only paid synchronizer I know is Xmarks premium. This one is the same as Xmarks for Dolphin, with the exception that it also works for the default browser, and I think would also work for any browser on the phone

Havent used firefox but I think it can also sync to firefox on PC, from which you can export those bookmarks.