1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support How to transfer contacts from iPhone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by uday029, Feb 24, 2011.

1. uday029

uday029 Newbie

Can any one tell me how to transfer my contacts from iPhone to Inspire?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. coolroyboy2

coolroyboy2 Lurker

I asked when I purchased my Inspire, the sales person at BB said did not know a way without using a little computer they have.

3. rizzuh

rizzuh Lurker

best way to do it if you haven't already done it, is to manually type in all your contacts in to your google account. that way, in the future whenever you get a new phone you can just sync it to your google account and automatically have your contacts. make sure to add them to your "my contacts" group in your google/gmail account

4. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

If you have outlook you can use that. I know you can sync the iphone with outlook and I am assuming the inspire can do the same.

5. Howard Mahady

Howard Mahady Lurker

Not hard to do at all. Open up your Address book, look under Accounts and then click sync to Google.

6. uday029

uday029 Newbie

Thank you all. I synchronized my iPhone contacts with my gmail account. The issue is that when I bought my Inspire, AT&T guys copied all my contacts from iPhone to the new SIM card. I dont know what happened during transfer but it created multiple entries for the same person.
    Anyhow, I wanted to delete all my contacts and reload them as they were in my iPhone. Now that I synced everything with gmail can you please help me how to sync my gmail with inspire contacts?

7. ykhing

ykhing Lurker

Another way to transfer contacts from iphone to inspire, is using the transfer data app inside the inspire. It has the option to transfer data from different phone including iphone using bluetooth.

8. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member

In the People app, hit Menu and tap View. Then choose what you want under Options: i.e. I have Google checked, not Facebook of SIM or Phone.

that should do it

9. Floridaphil

Floridaphil Lurker

I have just bought the inspire and am also struggling to understand why this phone is so anti Mac? I use Outlook 2011 for Mac. I have gone as far as putting Itunes on a PC, syncing my iphone with itunes and outlook on the PC and then trying to sync contacts with the HTC sync software downloaded from the HTC site. That try's to work but I then get a message telling me I dont have enough space on the phone? I like this new Inspire but why on earth would they not supply a CD with software that makes the easier? Its going back this week unless I can get it sorted out.

10. spoiler61

spoiler61 Newbie

can you save your contacts to the SD card?

11. melylon

melylon Lurker

when you plug you iphone back up to you itunes itll back it up completly your pics your contacts your messages etc. it wont erase it because itll back it up first..

12. AnconaUdine

AnconaUdine Lurker

1. Copied SIM contacts to Android phone memory
    2. Exported contacts to SD Card (on Android phone) in VCard format
    3. Transfered VCard file from SD Card to PC
    4. Created a Google Account
    5. Opened the Google Account from a browser (on PC), go to Contacts, and then uploaded VCard contacts to the Google account
    6. Configured the iPhone (using a separate Windows user account - so as to allow for importing pictures & videos through iTunes)
    7. Created a "CardDAV" account on the iPhone and synchronised all Contacts

#13 AnconaUdine, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015