• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to transfer data from my N5 to my Galaxy S7?

gale65

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2012
indiana
Smart Switch mobile to mobile is not working-it just sticks at connecting. I'm pretty sure I have granted all necessary permissions. I downloaded smart switch for PC and there doesn't appear to be any way to get my N5 data onto my PC. What else can I try?

eta: My N5 is rooted with stock marshmallow if that matters

I'm not planning to root the Samsung. Is there a backup app that doesn't require root? I found that even though my last 2 phones were rooted I really don't enjoy flashing roms and stuff. I don't even want to start on it with this phone.

eta: in the smart switch app it gives the option for iOS, windows, etc so I thought it would work with any phone. But I wasn't sure if the root was the issue. Also I have no sim card installed yet (I want to do the transfer when I have more time and won't need my phone for a while) and I didn't know if that was an issue. If finally tried to connect wirelessly but kept saying no signal. It appeared to shut off my home wifi and enable a hotspot or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones