1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to: Transfer data from one micro sd card to another?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Gary Boyles, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Gary Boyles

Gary Boyles Lurker

I purchased a 64 gb micro sd card to replace the 16 gb card that I have in a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. I copied the entire contents of the 16 gb card to my computer but when I try to copy the data from the computer to the new 64 gb card I get error messages. I have taken my phone, computer and both cards to two AT&T stores and neither could do any more than I could. Any help on how to make the data transfer successfully?
    Thanks

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like the symptoms of a counterfeit SD. You should be able to do it no problem. Where did you buy the new 64GB SD? There's a lot of fake SDs around, especially cheap from online vendors. Definitely worth checking it with SD Insight.

For a genuine one, you should see the maker and correct stated capacity.
    [​IMG]

#2 mikedt, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Leakite and psionandy like this.
  3. Haley Madison

Haley Madison Lurker

Yes, Mikedt is right! In the market lot of fake SD is selling. Exchange it.

mikedt likes this.
  4. PRkid

PRkid Android Enthusiast

I bought an SD card a couple months back and decided to put it in my phone finally last week. (64gb Samsung). I copied everything from the SD to the computer then from the computer to the new SD card. Everything went good until I looked through the pics on my new SD card and seen a lot of error looking pictures. It was actually an 8gb card made to look like a 64gb. So the 8gb was filled with pics/videos and the rest of the gbs was just blank. The guy I bought it from on eBay had deleted his account so I was able to do nothing. This page helped a lot to see if I had a fake SD card: http://www.happybison.com/reviews/how-to-check-and-spot-fake-micro-sd-card-8/ Hope it helps.

AMOCO and mikedt like this.
  5. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

This how I did mine.