1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to transfer files (photos and videos) from S7 to Mac?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tommychambers, Mar 20, 2016.

1. tommychambers

tommychambers Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    I recorded videos on the S7 and wish to transfer them to the photos app on my mac. However, upon connecting the USB cable I received a message on my phone saying that it is not compatible and I should therefore install Android File transfer or Samsung Smart Switch. I went on both sites and they said that my phone and mac are incompatible to install those apps... so now I don't know what to do.

Is there something out there I can use to transfer files from my samsung s7 phone to mac?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Your Mac is incompatible with Android File Transfer and Samsung Smart Switch? Is it a really old PowerPC(pre-Intel) one or something? And I believe Smart Switch requires a minimum of OS X Mavericks. I've got AFT running on an older 2008 Macbook with Snow Leopard, as well as a latest Macbook Air with El Capitan. Although I never had much luck with AFT and Samsung devices anyway. Various Chinese Android devices, no problem with AFT.

Another way is to install AirDroid or Xender on the phone, they use WiFi, and just a browser on the Mac, like Firefox or Safari.

#2 mikedt, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    KOLIO likes this.
  3. tommychambers

tommychambers Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Okay, somehow I've successfully installed Android File Transfer on my mac just now and it works. Usually when you want to install an app on a macbook you need to drag the new app to the folder icon, but the two icons were blank at the time so I was unable to do anything (don't know what I did to make those icons appear this morning).

Thanks for the help. I have a macbook 2009 (originally Leopard, now EL Capitan unfortunately)

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.