1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to transfer files to internal storage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cleggy, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Cleggy

Cleggy Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    UK
    Hey all,

Had my Desire Z since october now and havent had any issues or problems having come from the HTC G1 with Froyo 2.2 installed i had a good idea of what to expect and of course its better then i thought.

However one issue im certainly bummed about is that fact when ever i plug my phone into my head unit in the car to access the sd card to play the music it unmounts the sd card from the phone. In doing this my notification and ringtone files are no longer accessible so the phone then picks out a default system tone which is all well and good but i have to then go through my settings everytime to reset my ringtones once disconnected. On my G1 i was able to move files into phone storage so its never moved to allow the phone access everytime but on this Desire Z im not allowed to do that Ive tried a number of file managers to solve my problem but i get error or fail messages everytime i try to implement a file into the phones storage.

It is slightly annoying to have my mate do this exact thing but on his 'not so good' Galaxy S with no problems at all. Do hope im not the only one as reading through a few threads i get the idea that you can do this task but im at a loss......

Do appreciate any insight into this, im curious as to why its blocking me.

Thanks, Matt

Advertisement

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Male
    occupied
    Planet Earth
    Welcome to the forums!
    Even on G1, it was possible to access internal memory (folder /system) just on rooted phone. Rooting will unlock internal memory, allow you to install SPL and load modified ROMs. If you have still guarantee on your phone, I don't recommend rooting, because it will probably void the warranty.
    If you want to do this, you can try VISIONAry to root the phone :
    Permanent Root HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile G2 And Desire HD With VISIONAry
    19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root - Android @ MoDaCo

Cleggy likes this.
  3. Cleggy

Cleggy Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    UK
    Thanks for the reply on that issue. I did have a sort of feeling that it would need rooting which as you say i may not want to as yes this phone still has the warranty but definatly grateful for the info there mate, thanks a lot!!
    Matt

Tags: