1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to transfer Google Map's placemark into Mapdroyd?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rossonero_av, May 5, 2011.

1. rossonero_av

rossonero_av Lurker
    None

May 5, 2011
    Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I'm currently using the android powered phone, and I have installed a great offline map (Mapdroyd). Unlike Google map, where you have to always rely on using internet or mobile network connection to keep loading up the map, it keeps offline maps installed into sd card of the phone, and you can view it anytime, without require to load it up via the internet. Which is a great tool to use for navigating through the cities around the world.

One problem is that, it doesn't have the placemark function, like Google maps have. Is it possible to transfer the kmz files from Google Maps into Mapdroyd? Or is there a way to transfer any Google placemark file into Mapdroyd?

I would appreciate if you can provide any feedback and suggestion to this topic.

Regards,

rossonero_av

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Transferring things like placemarks from one app to the other will require the support of these devices by the target software manufacturer. Have you checked with the authors of Mapdroyd to see if they support Google maps placemarks?

rossonero_av likes this.
  3. rossonero_av

rossonero_av Lurker
    None

May 5, 2011
    Thanks for your response. I'll have to check with MapDroyd's website, to see if they support using the Google Map's placemark. Otherwise, I'll post this question to their email contact, to see if Mapdroyd will be able to provide a solution for it.