1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support How to transfer MP3's from PC to EVO?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JPHunter, Jun 5, 2010.

1. JPHunter

JPHunter Member

May 14, 2010
    Have done some searching, but nothing seems to work. I have tried using windows media, and while my computer recognizes an android device, I cannot sync. Also won't let me open disk F to create folder. Any advice? I am completely new to android coming from an Instinct. Have a quite a few MP3s I would like to add to the phone.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Connect your phone to your PC via the micro usb cable and mount it as drive. I put all my mp3s in the Music folder already created.

The drag and drop method don't work?

3. JPHunter

JPHunter Member

May 14, 2010
    I have the phone hooked up via the USB cable. From there, disk F shows up, but it won't open. I have nothing to drag and drop to, unless I simply drag to disk F? Not how I am used to doing it with my USB sticks.

4. JPHunter

JPHunter Member

May 14, 2010
    Basically, if I click on removable disk F, it tells me to insert disk into drive f. I know the computer recognizes the phone being there. I am obviously missing something, though.

5. JPHunter

JPHunter Member

May 14, 2010
    Just started working. Had tried mounting it as a drive before, but got nothing. Tried again, and I am ready to roll. Thanks!

6. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Good stuff :)

7. EvoBoy

EvoBoy Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Maintenance Supervisor
    Hartford, WI
    I used Itunes to sync my Evo. You have to download a piece of software called Itunes Agent that uses Itunes to sync with your Evo. Works great.

marctronixx likes this.
  8. mcrtnyfan

mcrtnyfan New Member

Jan 30, 2012
    I just got an android. The manual says I can use mp3's as ringers but I have no idea how to download them from my pc? I e-mailed them to myself and was able todownload them on my phone, but it has to go into where the ringers i so I can use them as ringers. Does anyone know how to do that?

Tags: