1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

How to transfer Music from phone memory to SD card?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Georgebosky, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Georgebosky

Georgebosky Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Retired 1997.
    Camrose ALberta
    There appears to be plenty of apps which let you move apps to the sd card but the ones I tried do not show up music files I want to move. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome to the forums :) What music files are you trying to move? Most are stored on the SD card by default. Though some apps hide them (Like Google Music Beta).

3. billiegirl

billiegirl Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    I have lots of songs on my phone that I transferred from old sd card, they pay just fine but when I hook up phone to transfer to new laptop none of the songs are on the new sd card in phone, how do I access these songs, I want these songs on my laptop. Please help.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If they show up on your phone, then they are on your sd card. However, you don't say which phone you have, so I should point out that many of the newer phones have an internal partition in the built-in memory that is identified to the system as the sd card. There is also usually a slot for an additional sd card which will be called something like "external".

When you plug your phone into your laptop and mount as storage, do you see two volumes? one will be the internal sd and the other would be the external. The songs are there, you just have to find them.

5. esquipulas5

esquipulas5 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    how do you move music from your internal memory of your phone to the sd card permanently so that when you transfer the sd card to another phone it'll still have the music

6. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Your tunes should be on your SD card already. If they aren't, just use a browser to move the files.

7. garrydog68

garrydog68 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    i have a zte warp and put my sd card in it,but the music is still in my files and not on my music player.how could i get it in my music player? i am not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes on to this.HELP