1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General How to transfer my World At Arms from my old Android tablet to my new Nexus 7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JAWS1, Jan 12, 2014.

1. JAWS1

JAWS1 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    I have a new Nexus 7 and I want to move my World At Arms game along with the data, settings, state, etc., from my old Android tablet to my new Nexus? How do I do it?

Advertisement

2. WoohooGuy

WoohooGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Male
    woodworking
    boston ma
    Helium backup should be able to backup the game data and restore it on another device but it will require a computer if your devices are not rooted.

First off you need the Helium app on your devices.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en

Once installed you need to do one of two things-

1. If rooted grant Helium su and start making backups.

2. If not rooted you need to download Helium Desktop on a Windows/Mac/Linux computer.
    ClockworkMod Carbon

You only need to connect your device to a computer once, Helium desktop's only function is to send ADB commands to the device to enable data backups. Once that is done the backups are created and restored using only the devices in question.

Helium is pretty straight forward to use, make the data backups on one and transfer the backup to the new device. Restore it and test, do not delete any apps on either device until you are sure your backups function as expected.

3. JAWS1

JAWS1 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Thanks for the quick response! I tried this. But Helium never was able to connect. I was able to get the USB drivers for my tablet, so I used App Backup & Restore. I had to use a file transfer program to move the backup from my old device to my PC to the new device. This worked and the restore actually I'd something, but the World At Arms app still did not recognize my files and started me from scratch. It appears that there is something else I'm missing to make this work. Saving your game state and transferring it to a new device does work on iPads using iTunes. Wish I could get it to work on the Android!

4. WoohooGuy

WoohooGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Male
    woodworking
    boston ma
    Your tablet needs to be in USB debugging mode for Helium desktop to recognize the device.

Go into Settings/About tablet.

Tap "Build Number" repeatedly until you are a developer.

Once Developer options are available check off USB debugging.

Connect the tablet to the computer, it should automatically find the proper drivers. If your computer cannot find the driver then install the universal driver package from here -http://koush.com/post/universal-adb-driver

Once connected to a computer you have to allow your computer access to the device, this is normally only needed to be done once.

From there Helium desktop should be able to do it's thing and you can then backup the game data. If you continue to have issues then temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall you are running on the PC and try again.

JAWS1 likes this.
  5. JAWS1

JAWS1 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Thanks! Helium just does not want to work on the Generic Android. I have a Kocaso Android tablet I'm trying to move off of! I paid $25 for it and I truly got what I paid for (tablet worth $25). Thus, the reason I'm went out and got the Nexus. Let me try your last suggests on the Kocaso and see if I can get Helium to work. I'll keep you posted! Thanks!