• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to transfer photo's

sue j

Dec 25, 2011
Hi I got a 10.2 Google android 2.2 flytouch 3 Tablet Pc for Christmas yesterday. When I plug my phone or USB stick (with my photos on) I then go to file manager and I can view my photo's and then view them in gallery, but when i unmount either they are no longer in gallery, all i managed to get was the one photo I set as wall paper, I don't know where to go, or what to look at to save them into my gallery. Help please.

The easiest route I have found is to put all the photos on the PC, then plug the Android device to the PC, then you can use the PC to drag an drop the files to a folder on the phone. You should look for a folder called "internal storage" (or "sdcard").

Inside the internal storage folder, there may be a colder called "Photos", "Images" or "Pictures", (you can even create this if you want).

Then just drag and drop the files from your PC into you phone's pictures folder.

hth

Upvote 0
Thanks, I can see them in file manager when the phone/stick are plugged in, I just can't see how to save them, or what I click

It depends on the file manager. Some are not as obvious. There are many good ones on the android market. I prefer ES file explorer myself. There are obvious menus here to copy / paste.

I would suggest as with any software look around the menus for copy or move features. If you cant find them, try other explorers such as ES, astro or Linda. All good file managers.

Upvote 0
Sue J an easy file eexplorer is called Root Explorer, you do not have to be rooted to use it.

When you launch it you can browse to where you pics are, hit menu and choose multiselect. You then have the option to tap each picture individually you want to copy or hit select all, once you have selected the pics you want you choose copy, then you have the option at the bottom to past or cancel. Just browse to the folder on the internal storage you want to save them to and hit paste. A lot of file explorers work similarly.

Just remember that if it a large amount of files, the Flytouch is going to take a while to finish copying files. Be patient.

Reactions: sue j
Upvote 0
thank you for your reply, i wish i knew what you were talking about haha, i should never have bought one, having so many problems, ready to throw out the window. things want install or update in market (just some) try watching stuff on sites and says i dont have flash player, i try to update adobe flash player and it wont, i click on them sites to download player, then it says, my device dont support it argh!

Upvote 0
thank you for your reply, i wish i knew what you were talking about haha, i should never have bought one, having so many problems, ready to throw out the window. things want install or update in market (just some) try watching stuff on sites and says i dont have flash player, i try to update adobe flash player and it wont, i click on them sites to download player, then it says, my device dont support it argh!

Confusing isn't it!!

Because of a couple of possible reasons, these tablets were not approved by Google, and so your experience with 'Market' (which is run by Google) is always going to be less than perfect, in fact, it will be quite poor unless you can tweak your tablet so it appears to be something that Google has approved. This is not for beginners!
There are other Android file repository's - google 'apk repository' or just google the file name you want and download it ( whatever.apk download), you may need to read up on torrent sites!
You can watch flash content, but not from the internet browser.. you have to use the youtube player...you can download it fromHERE
Flash is installed, upgrading it is a bit tricky as you have to un-install the existing flash before installing the later one, again, not really a beginners task, and because of the Google non-approval, many downloads will come up with "not supported" even though it is!

Reactions: sue j
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones