• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Transfer Pics?

Just plug your phone into your pc and put your Evo in hard drive mode. Transfer away!

One thing I've been looking for is a way to have any picture I take with the EVO, automatically sync with a folder on my home PC.

Not sure about automatic but if you install Dropbox you can probably save photos to the dropbox folder and then sync.

Upvote 0
Just plug your phone into your pc and put your Evo in hard drive mode. Transfer away!

One thing I've been looking for is a way to have any picture I take with the EVO, automatically sync with a folder on my home PC.

That would be nice. Sort of like a auto-backup program that runs once a day and backs up certain folders. Have it send via FTP or something to a NAS.

How about dropbox? I know they have an Android application but i'm not sure about how it works with mobile devices? It would be nice to have the DCIM folder be part of your dropbox so it automatically syncs online and with your PC at home that has Dropbox installed.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it is possible with DropBox. I have dropbox on my EVO and in order for a file to show up on my home computer, I have to open the app, then upload the file to the cloud. Then it syncs with my computer. As far as I know, there is no way to monitor a folder and auto update to the cloud.

It does however work the other way, if you add a file to the Dropbox folder on your computer; it auto-syncs to the cloud and will show up in the Dropbox app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones