1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support How to transfer songs from M8 to sdcard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dachillefx, Apr 5, 2014.

1. dachillefx

dachillefx Newbie

How do you transfer songs from the M8 to sd card. I had over 1700 songs transferred from M7 to M8. Just bought a 64gig class10 micro sd card and have no idea how to transfer those songs from phone to the card. Hoping my new M8 fam could help me out. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help point me in the right direction...

Advertisement

2. dachillefx

dachillefx Newbie

Btw seems the Note3 is a bit louder than the M8. Could it be because the Note 3 is a phablet?

3. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Louder in what terms? Meaning the speakers are louder, or is the earpiece louder?

4. dachillefx

dachillefx Newbie

The speakers

5. motionblurrr

motionblurrr Lurker

I am trying to figure this out as well. I see it mounted as an MTP device in Windows, but I despite MTP. My past experiences have been horrible... I was hoping it would simply unmount the microSD card from the phone (while plugged in via USB) and then mount it as a removable storage device in Windows, but I can't seem to get it to do that. I have even unmounted the microSD card before and after plugging into USB (Settings > Storage > SD Card: Unmount SD card). :mad:

6. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi guys.. me too! i don't think you can because google prevented it :-\ I've asked HTC to sort it if possible ;-)

7. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Android Enthusiast

Transfer the songs to your pc first.Then plug in M8 via USB.You should get these two popups.Go ahead and update the HTC Sync "it is 120 some MB update".Click open device to view files then select sd card.Or open my computer then select the sd card from there.Drag the songs from your pc to the music folder on your sd card.No need to select anything on the phone like usb or sync mode.Last delete them from phone storage. You may be able to open both at once and just drag n drop from phone to sd card without putting them on your pc Haven't tried that yet.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

KOLIO likes this.
  8. woodsytattooman

If your music is in a folder you can use es file explorer app to move the folders also.

9. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

doesn't work for me.. think you need root? :-\

10. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

No, you don't need root. Do you have the drivers installed?

11. woodsytattooman

KOLIO likes this.
  12. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi.
    drivers for es explorer? no, didn't know about those

13. Blade of 3

Blade of 3 Well-Known Member

Simple. Download a file explorer app like Astro and you can easily move it. Or you can just do it on the computer through your pc's file explorer. The sd card is usually called ext sd.

markbuk likes this.
  14. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

I've tried transferring files with Astro or ES Explorer and it fails every time. Am I doing something wrong? Only works when I attach the device to my PC and copy over. Kind of irritating that I would need to use a PC at all.

dan55 likes this.
  15. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

same for me.. from what I've read google have block apps from access to sd card for writing, and you need an app that can hack this.. i think

16. woodsytattooman

17. Blade of 3

Blade of 3 Well-Known Member

Did you download the music directly onto your phone? When I download RAR files and extract them on my phone it has issues moving from or to sd card.

18. woodsytattooman

Looks like you will have to copy them straight from your pc to the SD card unless you want to root.Otherwise this new security in KitKat won't allow moving them from phone storage to SD card.One thing you can do for future downloads is go to Settings>Storage>Other>Storage Settings.Select here where you want future things to be saved,either SD card or Phone Storage.Such as Internet,I switched mine to SD card so my downloads go directly to SD card instead of phone storage.

HTC One M8

The HTC One M8 is the Taiwanese company's flagship phone for the first half of 2014. It built on its predecessor with an upgraded 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and an UltraPixel rear Duo Camera.
Tags: