1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General How to transfer texts between contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rage5119, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Rage5119

Rage5119 Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2017
    A friend of mine got a new number after having her old number a long time. I have all of her old texts that I want to keep. Is it possible to transfer those texts to the new number so that I can just pick up where I left off in the conversation, without having to start a new one?

Advertisement

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    I would think the simplest method would just be to update her contact information.

Don't make a new contact for her new number. Simply edit her contact information and enter the new phone number and delete the old phone number.

SaintlySins and Hadron like this.
  3. SaintlySins

SaintlySins Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Brian706 gives good advice.

I'll add this little part, don't delete the old number too fast ... instead, change the name of the number to something like "old #" or "deleted #" for a while. This way if you're in the habit of typing the number so it will automatically populate their info into the field, her info will come up, but that number will say "old" or "deleted" and you'll know to switch to the new number.

This comes from an old man who has many contacts over many decades ... my memory banks are old, tired and have been corrupted by years of alcohol enjoyment ... so my reference points are usually their first numbers or email addresses ... doing it this way helps me to quickly find the person I'm looking for.

Hope that helps.

Brian706 likes this.