• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to tune up power usage?

sree01

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
Hi,
I brought a HTC Wildfire. Its battery power usage is very high compared to what given in the specification. I use it in GSM and most of the time it is kept idle. The battery usage status shows the Android system and Standby uses about 30% each. How can i tune up the power usage? Is there any free app available to tune the power usage?.What are the unwanted process running in background and how to find them ?

Get the free apps System Panel Lite and Spare Parts from the market (or from App Brain -- even easier). They'll give you a lot of insight into what's running.

But understand that just because a program shows as "running" in System Panel, doesn't mean it's actually using cpu or battery. Most apps sit in memory using no resources until they're needed. System Panel can show you just how much cpu each app has used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones