• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to turn off 3G ?

If you're just worried about saving battery power, install something like JuiceDefender. You can set it so that when the phone is locked, 3G is turned off. As soon as you then unlock the phone it automatically comes back on ready for when you need it. There are other settings such as turn it on a specified intervals so that Timescape stays updated, but I don't personally bother with that.

If you're browsing, 3G knocks spots off of standard GPRS and I wouldn't even bother trying to use just GPRS!

Upvote 0
Hi Dem, did you manage to have GPRS working? I have tried endless attempts to connect to GPRS/Edge on GSM network mode only but without success. Is this result intended on the x10? I cross checked with my friend's Nexus and he was able to connect so definitely not an android or my cellular network's problem. Anyone can help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones