1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support how to turn off all notifications, calls, txts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boognish43, Jun 8, 2010.

1. boognish43

boognish43 Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Hey all, Im hoping to get some experts help here.

I am going to be using the ustream broadcaster app over 3g to stream a concert this weekend.

I do not want the app to be interrupted by anything while im using it.. no phone calls, no txt and no notifications. As it is now if a phone call comes through it will interrupt the app to take the call. If I decline the call the stream will not restart by itself. :( I know i can turn off different apps notifications but how can I go about not letting phone calls or txts through?

I cant just put it into airplane mode since i need 3g and im a little lost on what options I would have.

any opinions or advice?
    thanks in advance!!

Advertisement

2. Divebomber3

Divebomber3 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Steel Fabricator
    Northern Indiana
    this may or may not work... just a thought to maybe try... What if you had another number you could forward your calls to another phone #? maybe that'd work???

NightAngel79 and GrandMasterB like this.
  3. boognish43

boognish43 Member

Feb 3, 2010
    That's not a bad idea and definitely worth trying.. ill try tomorrow and report back. Thanks!

4. Divebomber3

Divebomber3 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Steel Fabricator
    Northern Indiana
    cool.. hope it works... good luck

5. vanottee

vanottee New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Somewhat of a follow up question - I have a similar problem, in that I would like to turn off phone calls, texts, etc so that when I'm listening to live streaming or using my gps I am not interrupted. It would be convenient to have a widget to simply flip this on and off, but after searching for a while I don't see many people wanting this function. I would use the 3g network to listen to the stream (not wifi) but then have the ability to no longer get calls/texts? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...thanks

6. Rob.G

Rob.G Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Male
    United Stated
    Use Google Voice. There is a widget that you just click and it activates "Do Not Disturb".