• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn off All Vibrations in the Bios?

How to turn off All Vibration for Everything?
No vibrating when the phone is turned on.
No vibrating when the phone is turned off.
No vibrating when the phone receives notifications.
NEVER Vibrate for any reason. The Vibration is very painful and I am likely to drop my phone when my phone vibrates.

When the you boot the phone you can go into the bios - how do you disable all vibrations?

While the above responses are a little tongue in cheek, they are unfortunately correct. There is no universal "turn of vibrate" setting in android and no way to disable it in anything akin to a BIOS. You may check in settings to turn off vibrate for notifications or ringtones if the phone supports it.

On my Moto X4 there is a setting under sounds to "Also vibrrate for calls". Under there I can also turn off startup sound, but I don't think the phone vibrated on startup anyway. In that menu at the bottom is "Other Sounds" and onder there is a setting "Vibrate on Tap" which means "haptic feedback" or the quick buzz you get when you touch the screen. You can turn that off there.

Upvote 0
Ah, too bad. I was hoping that Moto features would be similar across devices. :(

The settings you mentioned are there just as you said... they just didn't pay attention to what you were telling them. The situation is going to be the same for any newer Android phone since they all have the same basic underlying code.

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones