• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To turn Off Contact search history

Sness

Lurker
May 19, 2017
18556491_10211769904777054_9106674277481781826_o.jpg
When you want To input a search the search history comes on but is not "swipeable" So i want to know of its posible To turn it Off So all my contact stay on the screen

if you've selected the search field, the search results (current and past) will show instead of the contacts. if you want to go back to the contacts list, just tap the back arrow to get out of search.

you could just clear the search history, or tap the X to clear any results you don't want to see.

Upvote 0
if you've selected the search field, the search results (current and past) will show instead of the contacts. if you want to go back to the contacts list, just tap the back arrow to get out of search.
you could just clear the search history, or tap the X to clear any results you don't want to see.

I know but I make 100 calls a day and I dont want to tap back 100 times a day.

I dont want a search history!

Upvote 0
then use your contacts list instead of search. if you know the name, you can either fast-skip to it by tapping the letter on the right (alphabetical list) or go to the dialpad and start typing the name- it'll start showing the contacts at the top and you can call from that.

Upvote 0
then use your contacts list instead of search. if you know the name, you can either fast-skip to it by tapping the letter on the right (alphabetical list) or go to the dialpad and start typing the name- it'll start showing the contacts at the top and you can call from that.

With about 800 Contacts is the alphabetical list still a big scroll work and typing in the dialpad shows only 2 contacts in the screen so must be exactly how its saved in the phone.

Just no way to turn the search history off? I really liked the old way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones