1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips How to turn off e-mail app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ModernEnglish, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ModernEnglish

ModernEnglish Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Hello!

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I looked for an answer everywhere and couldn't find one.

Basically, after initially setting up my Bionic, two e-mail apps started. One is G-Mail and the other of course is a standard E-Mail App (which getting e-mail from g-mail). Every time I receive an e-mail, I get it in both apps and get two notifications, which is very annoying.

I'd like to turn off one (preferably the built in E-Mail App and keep the G-mail App), but for the life of me cannot figure out how.

I was wondering if there is a way anyone knows to do this?

Advertisement

2. Travisimo

Travisimo Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    USA
    As far as I know,

The Gmail account will automatically be set up when you first put in your Google account info when setting up the phone. If you added your Gmail address again in the e-mail app, you should just be able to remove it there, no? Otherwise, you can go to Accounts from Settings and turn Gmail off in the items to be synced.

Personally, I installed K-9 E-mail and turned off the Gmail app syncing. I like K-9 because it gives you more customization, such as creating a different colored LED for each e-mail account you have.

3. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast
    None

The reason I kept the installed email app running was, it allows me to use "MotoPrint" (for emails) - wireless printing via wifi on a printer in the system. MotoPrint is pre-installed. I just shut off my notifications of GMAIL & K9 that I have also loaded.

I would prefer to ONLY use the standard email but I haven't figured out how to add MORE THAN ONE email account. Any help on that would be appreciated.

That would save my on battery life, I bet!