1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root How to turn off email reminder

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkcyber, Feb 22, 2011.

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Ok, I am running Apex 1.4 and I have my pop3 email account setup on my phone and have it set to check for new emails every 5 minutes and I get the DROID (my ringtone for emails) when a new email comes in. Here is my problem. If I get a new email in and do not check it, then in 5 minutes I hear the DROID ringtone again. So, is this just a remainder notification, if so, how do I turn that off? Or is the phone checking the pop3 server and seeing that new email again and setting off the ringtone? I only want it to notify me one time when a new email comes in. I do not want any reminders.

I know, this may not be related to Apex at all, but I posted in here in case it might be. If it needs to be moved, then please move it to the correct location :)

Advertisement

2. netmore

netmore Lurker

I have the same issue with the Evo Shift and have not found anyone that has a remedy. There is nowhere to shut off the "reminder". I like the stock app better than any I have tried taking into account the nice copy and paste feature of Froyo and the fact that you can tell app to download only that day. All other market apps have that dumb prompt on bottom of inbox asking whether or not to download more...Stock has that in settings out of the way. The only other thing besides the reminder I have seen with stock app is that, although the HTML images appear fine and jpeg attachments seem without issue, I notice that in-body pictures do not load. I am rooted by the way...