1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to turn off Mass Reply

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ffemtopy, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ffemtopy

ffemtopy Newbie

How do I disable mass reply. I had a friend send me a picture that they also sent to 20 other people when I replied to it it mass replied to all 20 people. Nothing like WHOS THIS!!?? x20 This is one of the dumbest features I have ever seen.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mahers

mahers Android Expert

Funny. I never had this feature and always wanted it. I don't see any options to disable it, other than to close out the initial message and then send one directly to the original sender. I can see how you may not want to "reply all" every time, so it would be nice to maybe have that option when we hit reply. Maybe a pop up asking "reply all" and "reply only to sender" ...just a thought

3. twmarrs

twmarrs Newbie

I know it sucks, you have to hold down on the message and then hit reply to sender

4. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast

This is a very annoying thing. My brother and cousin use the "Thread group conversations" from the main text message screen Menu>message settings> check/uncheck "Thread group conversations" I have mine off. I hate it. This is for your outgoing texts. That way when you do send out a mass text, no one but you will get their replies. When getting sent a group text with "Thread" on, I don't think there is a way to stop the incoming texts. Just have to deal with it. You can just send to the original sender like the person said above if you don't want everyone to get your text. Then you have them text you back asking "who is this?" then you have to explain what i going on then you are both like ohhhh well this is awkward.

5. mahers

mahers Android Expert

arparaspolo

Could you expand on that setting a bit. You lost me.

With Thread Group Settings ON, you receive group texts ...., and you send them ...

With this OFF, however, you receive group texts..., and send them...

TYIA

6. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast

There is no way, unfortunately, to stop the group threads from coming in. If someone sends you a group thread, you are screwed. You can only turn them off for your outgoing texts. If you go to the settings I mentioned about you can turn it on or off. But again, that is only for your outgoing texts(ones you create, not ones you are replying to)

mahers likes this.
  7. cwagmire

cwagmire Newbie

This was one of the features I was excited about going from a Droid 2 to a Razr Maxx. :p

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews