• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn off 'service provder ntwk not available. Emergency calls only'

Shinss

Lurker
Sep 22, 2021
So my work area there is no internet connection. We installed wifi so internet is good but my phone keeps popping up 'service provider ntwk not available. Emergency calls only' notification like every 10 seconds and its really annoying me. I tried bunch of times messing with network settings to turn it off but none of them worked. Anyone know how to fix this? Please and thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-150022_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-150022_Google.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 182
To be honest, if you can afford a cheap device, buy one and use it just for work on wi-fi.

That way you will not have to change your device settings every work day twice a day.

You have no cellular service at work, so the device will not need a cellular plan.
This means that you can go to Wal-Mart and buy a good device for $40 - $50 (like a Straight Talk pre-paid) and then pull out the SIM card.
Put it in airplane mode, turn on wi-fi, and set it up with whatever apps you use at work.

Upvote 0
So my work area there is no internet connection. We installed wifi so internet is good but my phone keeps popping up 'service provider ntwk not available. Emergency calls only' notification like every 10 seconds and its really annoying me. I tried bunch of times messing with network settings to turn it off but none of them worked. Anyone know how to fix this? Please and thank you.
sooooo your work has internet or not? i'm confused by your first sentence. if you have wifi, you should have internet. do you mean that your work has bad cellular coverage?

like @Unforgiven has said, have you tried setting up wifi calling? i would also talk to your carrier as well and see what they say.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones