• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn off the 'tinkling' soiund?

I just picked up a Note 4 today, switching from a Droid Razr Maxx HD. So far I am enjoying it, but I can't get it to stop making a tinkling sound every time I swipe screens or select an app. Notifications are set to Silent. Touch sounds is unchecked, as is Screen lock sound. This sound has got to go - either that, or the Note 4 goes back to Verizon.

What am I missing?

TIA,
Doug

I just picked up a Note 4 today, switching from a Droid Razr Maxx HD. So far I am enjoying it, but I can't get it to stop making a tinkling sound every time I swipe screens or select an app. Notifications are set to Silent. Touch sounds is unchecked, as is Screen lock sound. This sound has got to go - either that, or the Note 4 goes back to Verizon.

What am I missing?

TIA,
Doug

unchecking the Touch Sounds should have turned that off. I'm sure you tried rebooting or doing a battery pull?

Upvote 0
unchecking the Touch Sounds should have turned that off. I'm sure you tried rebooting or doing a battery pull?
I've done a restart and a reboot. No change. Haven't tried pulling the battery tho.

EDIT: Okay, I've pulled the battery as well. No change. Rebooted a couple times too. It's probably going back to Verizon :-(

Upvote 0
I just confirmed on mine that Settings > Sounds > Screen Lock Sounds turns this on and off as expected (checked = on, unchecked = off).
If yours isn't working that way then I'd suggest returning it to the store.

You might want to consider doing a factory reset on it, that's probably the first thing they'll do at the store anyway. I suppose it's possible that some downloaded app is interfering with the setting.

Upvote 0
I've done a restart and a reboot. No change. Haven't tried pulling the battery tho.

EDIT: Okay, I've pulled the battery as well. No change. Rebooted a couple times too. It's probably going back to Verizon :-(

I'd bring it back for sure. I wouldn't want those sounds going off everytime I push something. As someone said in a previous post, you should just do a factory reset .they're going to do it anyway at the store. Try and see if that works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones