1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to 'un'-remove someone from group?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by neuronetv, Feb 8, 2022.

1. neuronetv

neuronetv Newbie

I have a whatsapp public group and I removed someone. I can't work out how to un-remove them and let them back in because if i send them an invitation link they get a message saying 'you can't join this group because you were removed'. there isn't any way I can find to undo the removal action. I know I can 'add' them but is that the only way to get round this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What's the difference between "adding" and the "un-removing" you want to do?

James_Watson, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Why not just create a new group with the person "re-added" into it?

4. neuronetv

neuronetv Newbie

I would rather be able to reverse the remove process rather than go adding contacts. and I would rather have people join by sending them an invite. it seems once you remove someone whatsapp sets that in concrete and you can't undo the process. unless I'm missing something....
    and no I don't want to delete the group and create a new one.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I'm still not sure I understand what significant difference there is between "adding" someone and "reversing the removal".

6. neuronetv

neuronetv Newbie

can't help you with that. I'm here looking for answers, not questions

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'm pretty sure one can't "un-remove" with WhatsApp, only thing can do is add, that's it.

James_Watson likes this.
  8. neuronetv

neuronetv Newbie

yeah I've come to understand you're right, one can't un-remove someone. its a feature that's missing and imo should be there in whatsapp, you should be able to un-remove someone without having to add them.

mikedt likes this.
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, that's something that can only be addressed by the WhatsApp devs, i.e. Meta Platforms, Inc, and nobody else.

FWIW my family and some friends have moved over to Telegram for our group chats, mainly because we don't want anything that's Facebook. :thumbsdowndroid:

#9 mikedt, Feb 13, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  10. neuronetv

neuronetv Newbie

oh right, thanks for the tip

WhatsApp Messenger

WhatsApp Messenger Forum

com.whatsapp

WhatsApp from Facebook WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages. WHY USE WHATSAPP: • NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp. • MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages. • FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp). • GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family. • WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser. • NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.* • SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book. • ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out. • QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames. • OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app. • AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more! *Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. --------------------------------------------------------- We're always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at: android-support@whatsapp.com or follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/WhatsApp @WhatsApp ---------------------------------------------------------

READ MORE
March 18, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs