• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to undo a PIN?

elwin15208

Jun 5, 2010
I have an S3 which was updated last week to 4.2. While exploring the update, I decided to explore the VPN capability. After creating a PIN, I realized that setting up VPNs was more complicated than I expected, and that I don't want to attempt it yet.

Can anyone here tell me how to delete or nullify the PIN that I created? I don't like having to enter it every time I use my phone.

Thanks!

Thanks for the responses.

Heat57, The phone is unrooted.

SiempreTuna, There is no Settings .. Security .. Screen Lock path. The closest thing to that is Settings .. Lock screen - which lists "Screen lock" under the heading, "Screen security," with the note, "Secured with PIN." Pressing there leads to a "Confirm PIN" window, with the keypad beneath. No option for voiding the PIN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones