• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Uninstall Al-moazin, Iquran, Hiziri calander from HTC desire

baswan

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
Hi m8 i am new to android and picked me an HTC desire while transit from Abu Dhabi airport. It appears that this machine is customised with some preloaded programmes which are used for Muslim Prayers: Al-Moazin, IQuran and Hiziri Calander; the Al-Moazin programme activates GPS.

These programmes keep giving notices and alarms regarding parayer timings. They use a lot of battery these are on ROM and not on SD card I have tried my best to uninstall them using all option in "manage application" at the best i could do is " clear data" and "Forced Stop" but i am not able to uninstall these programmes, how to remove these programmes from my phone memory to save space and power without formatting my Phone . I am in desprate need of help... :( any ideas??

Try Advanced Task Manager. It lists everything running in your system and allows you to uninstall it (long press on the item and select the option). Be warned that if an item is integral to Android, Android itself might not let you uninstall without root access.

If worse comes to worst, you'll need to reinstall android with a standard, non-muslim, version.

Upvote 0
thanks for your reply but frankly I have no idea how do i root to rom and get rid of these irritating applications
If you'd have looked before asking, you'd have seen there's a whole section on rooting on this board -

forum_new.gif
Desire - All Things Root

Firstly, go through the section reading all, and then if any questions aren't answered only then ask them.

Unh.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone
I know this thread is bit old;)
I brought it up because I've exactly the same problem.
I've even rooted my HTC desire and tried removing those apps but I couldnt.
I tried the following apps and got those messages :
File Manager : No suffessient permission
Root Explorer : can't be deleted because the file system is read-ony.
Uninstaller for root : Root access is granted,Can't uninstall app, an unknown error occured.

Any Ideas or apps that could help me in getting rid of such apps mentioned in the first thread.

Upvote 0
I sent HTC a complaint and they promptly replied with the following:

"Kindly note that this application is considered to be pre-installed application. Unfortunately, the preinstalled application on your phone is considered as a system application and cannot be removed, however you can search over Android Market for an application that would allow you to control your system files and remove\disable such application from your system."

We all know that does not work, but they suggested the following as well:

"However, you can set this application on silent mode and disable all the notifications from the settings by following the below steps as a temporary solution:

Menu -> all apps -> Al-Moazin ->
Then please click on the microphone found at the bottom until this silent sign appears. Then press on menu -> settings -> disable all reminders and Times Adjustments. Then please perform a soft reset for the phone by removing the battery and then re-inserting it.
"

I've tried the above steps, and it stopped the notifications. Now the screen only mysteriously lights up five times a day.

Important: when soft restarting the phone, the battery must be suddenly removed, do not shutdown your phone.

They also promised that an update will be released soon without these sticky applications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones