• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to uninstall stock apps, like sprint apps.

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a way to uninstall these sprint apps, like NASCAR , etc... My evo has the Unrevoked root. Can anybody tell me if there's an easy way, like downloading a uninstaller for root evo.

Currently, this can only be accomplished with the Rooted Stock ROM, or any other custom ROM. You need to re-root via Toast's method (There's a noob-guide over in root section), and follow those directions.

It's not really a 'simple' process, but it's not very difficult if you can follow directions.

Long story short - if you're desperate to remove those, have to fullroot (not unrevoked), if you don't want to do that, just ignore the Sprint apps, they really aren't doing anything.

Upvote 0
install android-sdk for windows (or whatever OS your computer is). you have to boot the EVO into recovery. run recovery-windows.bat in dos. open a second dos window and run the following:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT05FHL00377 device

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
# mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
# cd /system/app
cd /system/app
# ls
a list of installed apk's will show.

run this command to remove:
# rm Sprint_Promotion.apk

Upvote 0
install android-sdk for windows (or whatever OS your computer is). you have to boot the EVO into recovery. run recovery-windows.bat in dos. open a second dos window and run the following:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT05FHL00377 device

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
# mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
# cd /system/app
cd /system/app
# ls
a list of installed apk's will show.

run this command to remove:
# rm Sprint_Promotion.apk

Is this compatible with the UnRevoked root? I thought this could only be done via fullroot, as you had to fullroot to initially boot into recovery "adb reboot recovery"?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, which I very likely could be.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
a guys i just rooted my htc evo using unrevoked3 and some apps say i am rooted others say that i am not i tried using the titanium back up to delete stock apps but i wont recognize my root other apps say i have no root access please help that was my hole purpose on rooting did i root wrong

Is it possible you clicked "deny" when first opening a root only app? I'm assuming you have the "superuser" icon in your app drawer, correct? If so, click on it and see if you denied TB, if so, click on it and "allow". If that's not the case, do you have "S-OFF", which is full root? Even if you don't have "S-OFF" and have only obtained soft root, you should still be able to run root only apps.....

Upvote 0
I know this is an old thread but I just ran into a "little" problem. It's not a big deal but I just wanted to see if anyone had an answer.

I have a HTC EVO 4G and just rooted it a couple weeks ago and have tried several ROMs to see which one I like. I just flashed a new ROM about an hour ago and now my AVG antivirus says my root uninstaller is infected. It's never said that before but now it brought up a popup saying it was. My question is, is it just detecting it as an "infected app" cause it's a rooted app? And why wouldn't it have said that before now? Since I've used root uninstaller ever since I first rooted my phone.

Upvote 0
If you are using Root Uninstaller by Android Text that is no longer available on the market, so its possible that it was removed for security reasons.

Root Uninstaller by root uninstaller is still available on the market, but thats the only thing that developer has and it only has 85 reviews between the free and pro version.

Personally id ditch either one of those.

If you are trying to remove bloatware I would suggest using titanium backup. It is used by the majority of the rooted community and is not infected in any way.

And why wouldn't it have said that before now? Since I've used root uninstaller ever since I first rooted my phone.

Antivirus software gets updated with new virus signatures all the time. Thats how they keep current.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yeah never heard of that app before. titanium backup is very essential to root users and everybody should use it. plus with titanium backup you can freeze apps your not sure of before deleting it to make sure that your rom will be stable once frozen. once you know then you can delete it. plus you can backup all of your apps and data with tb.

Upvote 0
yeah never heard of that app before. titanium backup is very essential to root users and everybody should use it. plus with titanium backup you can freeze apps your not sure of before deleting it to make sure that your rom will be stable once frozen. once you know then you can delete it. plus you can backup all of your apps and data with tb.

You can also freeze/unfrost apps using root uninstaller.

Upvote 0
If you are using Root Uninstaller by Android Text that is no longer available on the market, so its possible that it was removed for security reasons.

Root Uninstaller by root uninstaller is still available on the market, but thats the only thing that developer has and it only has 85 reviews between the free and pro version.

Personally id ditch either one of those.

If you are trying to remove bloatware I would suggest using titanium backup. It is used by the majority of the rooted community and is not infected in any way.

Antivirus software gets updated with new virus signatures all the time. Thats how they keep current.

I actually use both of those apps. I use root uninstaller to uninstall apps whenever I flash a different ROM and use TB to back up different apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones