• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to uninstall updates

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
Since I can't find how to post (again) with this crappy new mess, I guess I'll just ask it here. How the heck do I uninstall updates on the Z3? I did that on that Moto G Play and saved more than a gig of space. All I had to do was look for the 3 dots at the upper right and there it was. I notice that the option's gone now. Is it a limited time offer?

Since I can't find how to post (again) with this crappy new mess, I guess I'll just ask it here. How the heck do I uninstall updates on the Z3? I did that on that Moto G Play and saved more than a gig of space. All I had to do was look for the 3 dots at the upper right and there it was. I notice that the option's gone now. Is it a limited time offer?
What kind of updates? App updates, OS updates? And what's a Z3, what brand it is from?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. It's the Samsung Z fold 3, and I want to uninstall updates of apps. All I can find is clear cache and/or data. I dumped cache on most but I probably didn't clear a lot of space.
not all apps will you be able to uninstall updates. it will vary on the app.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Usually this is an option available only on some system apps, and it will vary between different devices and mfrs. Your Moto may have allowed it while your Samsung doesn't.
If there is a Disable option on any of those apps you might try that, it may then prompt you to uninstall updates before disabling. I've seen that on my Samsungs.
Of course if you don't want to disable the app then that won't help.
Are you really that low on space with the Z3?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Usually this is an option available only on some system apps, and it will vary between different devices and mfrs. Your Moto may have allowed it while your Samsung doesn't.
If there is a Disable option on any of those apps you might try that, it may then prompt you to uninstall updates before disabling. I've seen that on my Samsungs.
Of course if you don't want to disable the app then that won't help.
Are you really that low on space with the Z3?
Yep, this is what you need to do. Disabling a system app will prompt you to uninstall the updates that have been done to it, since the last OS update. Then you can re-enable the app again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones