• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to unlink GMAIL bs contacts, People widget!

Cheynespub

Lurker
Jan 19, 2010
I linked my gmail with my phone and ended up with so many contacts from random emails that its rediculous. Old craigslist ads are now in my contact list.

I would like to have a contact with their mobile, home, emails, etc as one contact not 3,4 or 5.

Also, I selected which ones I wanted before the link and I ended up will all of them.

Finally, the people widget would be great if you didnt have to select a default action. I might text the same person alot but how do I call or email them from the widget if they have a default command?

Help my small brain learn!@!!!

Go to Gmail and go to your Contacts. You should see a thing that says "Got duplicate contacts?". Right below that click on Find Duplicates, and that will let you combine duplicate contacts so that their phone numbers and email addresses are all combined under one contact name. It should update them next time you sync your phone contacts with Gmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones