• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I rooted my Samsung Prevail a few weeks ago. Since then I have noticed issues with signal strength. There were not issues prior to rooting. Before root I was getting 4bars in my home, now I get maybe 2 (3 if im lucky)

I would like to Unroot the Samsung Prevail and set it back to Original Stock/Factory everything.

I tried the Odin method, downloaded a older "stock" package, and things seemed to install well with odin. But when the phone tried to do a OTA Update there are errors when "Verifying current System..." check is dont during the OTA install.

Code:
Detect Modem...

Will be REBOOT soon...

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("BML:boot:7192476:0d03d1483aa0a6ff812bf2217919fd1e0d790:6037504:12ad54c137e478a31a3bf7af94741964aeec411")
E:Error in /cache/a5dc39c66917.SPH-M820_update_EE14_to_EJ06.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.

That is the output I keep getting. For some reason I can not update the system from the phone (OTA)

Can someone help me properly unroot the phone and get things back to normal?

Thank you for your time!

I rooted my Samsung Prevail a few weeks ago. Since then I have noticed issues with signal strength. There were not issues prior to rooting. Before root I was getting 4bars in my home, now I get maybe 2 (3 if im lucky)

I would like to Unroot the Samsung Prevail and set it back to Original Stock/Factory everything.

I tried the Odin method, downloaded a older "stock" package, and things seemed to install well with odin. But when the phone tried to do a OTA Update there are errors when "Verifying current System..." check is dont during the OTA install.

Code:
Detect Modem...

Will be REBOOT soon...

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("BML:boot:7192476:0d03d1483aa0a6ff812bf2217919fd1e0d790:6037504:12ad54c137e478a31a3bf7af94741964aeec411")
E:Error in /cache/a5dc39c66917.SPH-M820_update_EE14_to_EJ06.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.
That is the output I keep getting. For some reason I can not update the system from the phone (OTA)

Can someone help me properly unroot the phone and get things back to normal?

Thank you for your time!
i can help just got it off mine XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Upvote 0
i can help just got it off mine "XXXXXXXXXXX"]
with out odin.. FACTORY RESET THAN BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL UPDATES TO THE ROOT PROGRAM U USED TO ROOT THE PHONE FIRST..THAN
get es file explore.. hit menu.in the app than settings. click on.. root explore.. and then click... mount write image as.. and than run the un insall program inn ES FILE MANAGER the root program u used to root the phone... AND UNINSTALL.. TELL EVERY ONE:D

Upvote 0
why unroot phones? if you research more and go the extra mile you will be happy rooted, but to each his/her own.

Because After having the phone rooted, I saw no real need for root on the Sumsung Prevail. Its extremely low internal memory doesn't allow for much play room, Even with the "bloatware" removed.

When I first got the phone, it was fine, ran smooth. After rooting, I hardly got a signal, when I tried to hang up calls the phone would lock up, there were issues with Gtalk not being able to connect... just to many issues, and really see no need for root.

I have root on my Samsung Galaxy Note, which everything works fine on, and its a device that root seems more suited for. IMO root is pointless on a POS phone like the Prevail. I mostly just use it for Text/Music Play while I'm on a job site, since I don't want to carry around a 7" Galaxy Note while I'm doing construction work.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
with out odin.. FACTORY RESET THAN BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL UPDATES TO THE ROOT PROGRAM U USED TO ROOT THE PHONE FIRST..THAN
get es file explore.. hit menu.in the app than settings. click on.. root explore.. and then click... mount write image as.. and than run the un insall program inn ES FILE MANAGER the root program u used to root the phone... AND UNINSTALL.. TELL EVERY ONE:D

Sorry but this makes no sense, at least not to me. All I get from reading that is a bunch of rambling in Caps Lock and incorrectly spelled words. Completely none useful instructions, at least to me.

Upvote 0
Sorry but this makes no sense, at least not to me. All I get from reading that is a bunch of rambling in Caps Lock and incorrectly spelled words. Completely none useful instructions, at least to me.

i would have to say that a stock samsung prevail is the pos bro, you have to know what you are doing in order to make the phone more useful and suited for your needs...with the right know how, patience and taking the extra time to mod the phone is where you will see the best results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones