1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

How to Update Applications that were backed up...

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by shunail, Aug 16, 2010.

1. shunail

shunail Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I've recently Hard Reset (factory reset) my HTC Evo after backing up Applications using File Explorer App. Now, that these applications were restored from the backup, I can't see them in Market Download and therefore I don't receive any updates for them. Per say, I've Smart Keyboard Pro, and I know there's new updated version out but unless I buy the App again, I won't get it... How do you get updates on Applications like these and other??? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Podivin

Podivin Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Apps that were not installed from the Market will not show updates (I realize these were originally installed from the market, but their most recent install didn't come from there).
    If you reinstall the app from the Market you'll get notified of future updates.

For future reference, I'd suggest looking into AppBrain. It keeps a list online of what's installed on your phone, and you can do your reinstalls from there - which actually takes you to the market.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    You can reinstall paid apps, free of charge, on the phone even if you have done a hard reset. The paid apps are tied to your gmail account.

4. shunail

shunail Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I tried, it asks me to BUY the app now...

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Did you ever buy the app or did you just have a pirate copy of it?

Are you using the same GMail account with your phone as before the hard reset?