• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to update my phone>>>cant use apps

Chat2jessica

Jul 11, 2012
Hi im using the ZVD version 2.3.4. However recently i am unable to use the Google navigation and google Maps apps because it says that my phone is not compatible. Please can someone guide me on how to update my phone so I can use these precious apps again?

Thank you in advance :)

Hi im using the ZVD version 2.3.4. However recently i am unable to use the Google navigation and google Maps apps because it says that my phone is not compatible. Please can someone guide me on how to update my phone so I can use these precious apps again?

Thank you in advance :)

Go into settings/running services.

Find google play in one of the tabs. Might just have to click the "all" tab to find it. Click on it and once the info opens up click on "wipe data" and "clear cache".

Do the same on "market updater" app. It will be under the "all" tab.

Close settings out and reboot.

Once the phone boots up open up Google Play and re enter your account info. See if this fixed your issue. ;)

Upvote 0
The way I told you was a "shortcut way". It still should have worked though. ??

This is the normal way to fix the market issue.

Go back and clear market cache and THEN data again.

After you download Rom toolbox. Open the app.

Swipe to the right once to the performance tab and click on "build.prop tweaks"

Change your LCD Density to 240.

Reboot the phone.

Open up market. Everything will be good to go this time.

The market errors happen because the LCD density isnt correct which causes the errors. This is actually a very common problem.

http://www.traemcneely.com/2011/12/...patible-with-this-item-in-android-app-market/

Reactions: Chat2jessica
Upvote 0
sorry to bother you again but is there a way to fix the battery life?

Well this is what I do. The main killers of the battery are 4G, screen brightness and running apps.

I use juice defender ultimate to control data, wifi, etc..... It extends my battery according to the app X1.6. I also underclock my phone to 800mhz. I also have all the useless system apps i dont use uninstalled so they arent running the background. Make sure your screen brightness is no more than 50%. I keep mine at about 30-40%. Use wifi as much as possible but dont leave it on all the time because it will search for spots which eats up battery. using wifi instead of 4G will save you a lot of battery.

In the end the main controller of battery life is the person using the phone. All of the stuff above will definitely help with the life but it's all in how you use the phone. If you've got 5 widgits on your homescreen, apps running out the wazoo and a bright ass screen, you cant expect to have good battery life. That's just how it goes with smart phones. It's something you will have to get used to as there is only so much you can do to curve the life of your battery.

Hope this helps :D

Upvote 0
It all depends on the user. I just use juice defender and set it to extreme(because I'm to lazy to arrange it to my liking so I like extreme instead). Set the screen to the least brightest in settings. Disable background data and auto sync. Use set CPU to underclock it to 786(Max) and made a profile to underclock it to 241(Max & Min) when the screen is off. :3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones