1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to update rooted s3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bluebutter, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Bluebutter

Bluebutter Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I have a rooted UK Samsung s3 on T Mobile, can someone please tell me where I can go to download the latest Android update for my phone as I am totally new at this? I am currently on 4.1.2 I9300BVEMF1. Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Heres a guide to flashing it mate. Find the update firmware on sammobile.com/firmware
    When you flash it youll lose root. Is root important to you? Rooting 4.3 trips a fuse that voids your warranty.
    You thought about a custom rom instead mate?

3. Bluebutter

Bluebutter Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for the response. Can you send me a link to a firmware that is suitable for my phone please?

I tried cyanogenmod 10.2 but preferred Touchwiz. I came across something called jkay, is their something similar to that where I can edit the notification bar/status bar etc on 4.3?

4. funkylogik

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Oops i forgot the link lol :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969
    Theres Xposed Framework which is great. Its designed for stock android so most of its modules wont work with TW but i think theres a few that do.
    Make sure theres a way to root 4.3 on your model before updating mate. Id hate for you to update and really regret it.
    Most rooters wont touch that update with a bargepole lol :)
    EDIT i think the guide i gave might be out of date. Hopefully someone can confirm(?)

5. Bluebutter

Bluebutter Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Is there a way I can update the same way I installed cyanogenmod 10.2 (clock work mod recovery)?

I want my Touchwiz notification bar to look like the one found on cyanogenmod 10.2, does xposed framework have a module for this & if so what is it called?

6. funkylogik

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Yeah if you find a .zip version of the official firmware you can flash it in recovery mate.
    the only xposed module i know definately works with TW is Wanam but i havent used TW in a long time so i dont know its capabilities. Remember flashing official firmware will remove root and ClockworkMod.
    If it was me, and i wanted touchwiz 4.3 but wanted to stay rooted, id look for a TW based custom rom without the new bootloader (if one exists yet). I cant emphasize enough how much people should think twice about the official update if theyre into rooting lol :)

7. Bluebutter

Bluebutter Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Thank you again for the swift response. Are there any well known TW ROMS?

The reason I didn't like cyanogenmod 10.2 was because I missed the Touchwiz dialer & sms message system, is there a way I could add these to CM?

8. funkylogik

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Nah mate. All the samsung features are proprietary and cant be used in a non TW rom which is a shame because i liked Multiview and the TW camera is the best on the s3 by far imo.
    Check out the "international s3 all things root" sub-forum for roms mate.
    Theres a thread for Neat Rom by a very good dev but i dont know if he's built a 4.3 version yet.
    Id start a thread in there titled "4.3 touchwiz based rom?" Or something :thumbup:

Bluebutter likes this.