• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to update samsung galaxy s 19000 android 2.1 to 2.2

I also still have 2.1 and would like to upgrade to 2.2. I actually heard that 2.2.1 is even better (no lag). Do I need to upgrade to 2.2 first or can I go directly to 2.2.1? And when I upgrade, would I lose any apps? What about the Folder Organiser icons I have on my home screen? I would certainly not want to lose those and have to set then up again.

Upvote 0
I don't really understand. So if I upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2.1, will I lose my apps/data or not? It's hard to believe that all the data will be lost!

And what is the safest way to do the upgrade? Can I just take it to a Samsung service center and get it done? Or do I have to use Kies (which I hear is a total pain)...

You do a backup on your apps.
All personal stuff you also put on a safe place.
But you can't use any system data.
Your phone need to be cleaned out.
So a factory reset and a format on the internal sdcard is a must. So all your backup must be on your PC or end external sdcard.

If you don't do it this way your phone will be strange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones