1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to update to 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stillbeta, Aug 30, 2011.

1. stillbeta

stillbeta Lurker

I've had my phone for around 1 month now and i'm perfectly happy.

However, i recently came across an app (MightyText) that would make my life easier but it required at least version 2.2 and my phone is stuck with 2.1 :/

So I've decided that i want to upgrade my phone to 2.3 because of the significant features the update brings.

So I am wondering how i can update to 2.3 or 2.2 WITHOUT losing my contacts my apps (I use QuickLauncher Pro Plus) and my settings.

My phone is rooted but it isn't flashed (what ever that means :D)

So can someone help me please?

PS: The LG optimus one rocks :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member

You can update either through the PC Suite, or you can take the phone to an LG service center or you can flash a ROM which has the android version you want.

I never got the PC Suite to work, so I had to go to the LG service center to update from 2.2.1 (my phone was already 2.2.1 when I bought it) to 2.2.2. The guys at the service center said I'll loose all my contacts, apps, data, etc etc after the update. The same happens when you flash a custom ROM.

Anyway, since you're rooted, you can backup your apps, contacts, app data, and 99% of your settings.

And are you sure that your Optimus One came with only 2.1? I was pretty sure it had 2.2 from when it was released. Its kind of odd that your 1 month old O1 has 2.1 when my 2 month old O1 had 2.2 from the start

stillbeta likes this.
  3. stillbeta

stillbeta Lurker

Thanks bro the reply.

I wondered why it was 2.1 too. I thought the optimus one came with the 2.2 verision but looks like my phone didn't :/

I can back up everything using titanium backup but will the LG service center still update my phone if it's rooted?

I saw your other post Germaldin, however, do i need to update to 2.2 then to 2.3 or can i just update 2.1 to 2.3. Thanks

Can anyone link me a guide to how to do this?

4. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member

If you dont mind loosing the app data, then you dont have to use titanium backup. Then you dont have to root and LG will update for you with no problem at all.

Even if you root, you can still get the official update if you use LG PC Suite. If it cant find your phone, and you rooted, then you can always undo the root and take it to the service center. Just be sure you wont leave any hints that you rooted. Usually they wont even check if its rooted.

You can jump straight to 2.3. You dont need a giude if you're planning to update to a stock ROM. But if you're planning on flashing a custom ROM, just google and you'll find lots of tutorials. The process has been explained in simple terms and quite briefly here.

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews