1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How To Update To 2.3.5 & Sense 3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by softsorter, Dec 21, 2011.

1. softsorter

softsorter Newbie

Having read all the posts here and over at XDA and reading all the posts they seem to think anyone on a Unbranded Sim Free Original Desire S on software v 1.28 might not get the Update OTA ? (not sure if this is true ? they seem to think so?) but a manual upgrade described below to software v1.47 will auto update

I bit the bullet this morning and did it manually.

Here is a step by step guide

Gi to here [Q] Stable 3.5 + 2.3.5 update? - Page 3 - xda-developers

See post 23 it shows a link which is here [ROM]Shipped Desire S ROM Collection - xda-developers

Click the file factory Link which is here FileFactory Folder view - Saga

and select this file Download to your Computer and when you have it run HTC Sync and have Desire S turned on then click the file you downloaded in windows and it will start the update to software version 1.47 just follow the onscreen messages and wait till the update shows 100% which takes about 10mins, DONT PANIC IF IT SEEMS TO STOP, AND DONT UNPLUG OR TOUCH THE PHONE

Phone will now reboot and as soon as it starts and you can see you main screen open dialer as if your going to ring someone and type in *#*#2432546#*#* and it will confirm login and then go to settings-about phone and check for updates and mine within 10mins updated to the new 2.3.5 and Sense 3.

The above file IS ONLY FOR UK UNBRANDED SIM FREE PHONES !

Really easy to do and I'm glad I did mine after all the reading. Phone now faster and I didn't get the problem with screen locked on incoming calls mentioned somewhere here.

El Presidente likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

The only issue with doing it via an RUU is that it wipes everything. If accepted via the OTA update, you get to keep your apps and associated data.

3. softsorter

softsorter Newbie

Very true it did wipe everything but I did a HTC Sync before so I had everything and my contacts are all on the simcard, and it only took 30mins to put the apps back.

Well pleased with the results the lock screen is 10times better than the old on and easier to use.

4. Hackney Boy

Hackney Boy Newbie

How can you be 100% sure yr phone is unbranded or sim free ? I got mine through e2 save with Orange sim

5. FoX777

FoX777 Well-Known Member

Check you phones CID and compare that to the RUU cidnums, and if it has boot images then that's also a give away.

6. Hackney Boy

Hackney Boy Newbie

Laymans terms please, i have no idea what CID or RUU is

7. El Presidente

VIP Member

Fair enough, if my post came off as narcy or anything, apologies. I just wanted to let potential users know their data would be lost.

CID means Carrier ID, it's how HTc recognise your handset as being unbranded or if it has software on it by your network. You can either check via the bootloader or using something like this: CID Getter. Unbranded phones should have a CID of 111111.

RUU stands for ROM Upgrade Utility, it's essentially the Windows executable version of the update you guys are getting at the moment. It only works for unbranded handsets.

8. Hackney Boy

Hackney Boy Newbie

Downloaded CID getter my CID no is HTC_001, does this mean its unbranded ?

9. El Presidente

VIP Member

Yep! :)

Hackney Boy likes this.
  10. softsorter

softsorter Newbie

Hi mate no you never came across that way one bit mate, its a point I didn't mention which you think you have posted all the tech info on the button, and then you mis a bit lke it wipes your phone. I had all my photos and ring tones stored on my sd card so I lost very little.

I was just afraid as they thought over at xda there may be a failure to get the OTA if your on software 1.28 so I thought well here goes!

To be honest it was a doodle and if your on windows its as easy as double clciking a .exe

Thanks to everyone who developed this method and provided a means to install the latest update:D

11. Hackney Boy

Hackney Boy Newbie

i cant download that file, click on it nothin happens

12. shah333

shah333 Lurker

I Have Inspire 4G / Desire HD with 2.3.3 Build Number 2.47.502.7 and My CID is CWS_001.
    Can i download and update it to my Inspire 4G and my phone is Branded or Unbranded?

13. Hackney Boy

Hackney Boy Newbie

Ok figured it out, did the update and i love it

Cheers Softy

14. action09

action09 Newbie

I am trying this update, although it starts fine and when checking the bootloader HTC Sync disconnects (I see the green Icon do grey) then it says USB has been disconnected - How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks

15. 000Max

000Max Lurker

Hi, currently have installed RUU_Saga_S_HTC_Europe_2.10.401.8 on Desire S downloaded new RUU_Saga_S_HTC_Europe_2.10.401.9. Getting error wrong RUU when trying to install...any suggestions
    Thanks

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews