• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to update to system version 45.2.7 on rooted Phontonphone

I have rooted my Photon 4G but not flashed a new ROM. There is a new system update 45.2.7 that attempts to install but fails during reboot and application of the update. How can I update to that version when rooted? The YouTube video by qbking77 shows how to apply the update on a non-rooted phone but not on a rooted phone with stock ROM. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

From reading some threads over at XDA, it appears the usual culprit to a failed update on a rooted (but not unlocked) phone is an app you've updated yourself after rooting. Apparently the update checks the version of every app it expects to find on the phone, and if any are different it fails. Swype seems to be a common culprit, since a lot of people rooted to remove the default version and install the latest beta.

Your best bet is to flash the stock ROM and then try to apply the update. At least it's easy to reroot once you are updated, as it doesn't close the loophole currently in use.

Upvote 0
Since I am new to the Android OS, I was unaware that the current update would UN-root the phone. I have not been able to root the phone since the update and all root programs of course do not work.

What do I have to do to get the phone to accept the root after I have installed that update?

I do have a full backup of Titianium but can not get that to work either since the phone is not rooted.

Any experienced help on this issue would be appreciated and needed!

Upvote 0
Since I am new to the Android OS, I was unaware that the current update would UN-root the phone. I have not been able to root the phone since the update and all root programs of course do not work.

What do I have to do to get the phone to accept the root after I have installed that update?

I do have a full backup of Titianium but can not get that to work either since the phone is not rooted.

Any experienced help on this issue would be appreciated and needed!
The OCR works as i have tested it myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones