• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How To] Update, Unbrick/Go back to stock on LT7033

was doing some digging around and this tablet looks like it is actually. A Softwinners M3 tablet maybe try that firmware to bring back the dead screens

Yeah I tried that firmware too. No luck. The screen digitizer is broken. No way of recovering it. Its a complete hardware failure due to defective "cheap" screens.

Upvote 0
Not to take this thread off tangent - but here is a bit of experimenting fun with a caveat but interesting nevertheless:

[GUIDE]How To Port Different ROMS to Your Device (Simplest and Fastest)

So may be you all can get together and try making a custom rom for your LT7033 (just like Oma7144 from XDA has done) .
He was very kind enough to provide me with the needed kernel for my Proscan PLT7035-B and I am loving it. Next stop is CM10.
;)

By the way, first of all, please do check if your CWM backup is working fine because I found out the hard way that it was not. :D

Some tools from Play store that I have been using for a long time and always come in handy:

Quick Boot , All-In-One Toolbox(17 Tools) , Dr.Web Antivirus and of course Titanium Backup.

Cheers :)

--------------------------------

Edit:
I needed to edit my post because the essence of what I wanted to convey got lost somewhere in it I guess. mavrikmeercat pointed out correctly to probable misleading aspect which was truly not intentional from my end. My apologies in case anyone felt it that way..
Please take very seriously his advice of not flashing the wrong rom because my post was NOT about flashing wrong roms to the Curtis tablets but rather about finding compatible mtd ones and tweaking it to make a custom rom for it as a collective effort since not many devs are doing it on these devices currently.
The lift off what I tried to do was from Slim Bean 3.1 for mtd's since I have it on one of my Nexus 7 and wife's Samsung Exhibit 4g phone - really cool.
:)

Do you think that Oma's PLT7035 kernel would work with the LT7033? I'd be interested to see one of his ROMs on this device. I'm currently using his 4.4.2 ROM on my Pipo M9S. I'm really digging it. It leaves open many more features.

Just curious if anyone has tried this.
I was wondering if I just flashed the kernel and the ROM, but NOT the bootloader, if it might work. That way if the bootloader is still correct for the LT7033. then it should be pretty easy to flash back to LT7033 fw with the rockchip utility.

Cheers,
-SB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones