• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to: Update your baseband to FC29 (Boost only) (Link is back up)

I'm not sure. Hopefully it would just stop you from making calls or something, and you could flash the working baseband back again. I'm not sure if integrity of the baseband is checked before the phone boots. I would ask some of the more experienced devs.
Although no one can ever be absolutlly sure what a corrupt file might do. it probly would just mess up you connectivity aspect. not brick the phone so far as unsaveable. most it would do would put you in a boot loop at worst wich could be easily saved by restoring a backup(that you did just before you tried this) from CWM. Or Odin if you couldnt boot into recovery

I can give some insight. my md5 from the baseband.bak file that it made before i flashed the new baseband is also different from both of you guys so i'm guessing everyone's .bak md5 is different.

I have since restored from my baseband.bak sevral times just to comfirm what you guys are trying to do and it does restore back to previous baseband just fine

just rename the baseband.bak to baseband and (really you can name it whatever you want)
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/baseband of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
reboot

Reactions: BLuFeNiX
Upvote 0
Although no one can ever be absolutlly sure what a corrupt file might do. it probly would just mess up you connectivity aspect. not brick the phone so far as unsaveable. most it would do would put you in a boot loop at worst wich could be easily saved by restoring a backup(that you did just before you tried this) from CWM. Or Odin if you couldnt boot into recovery

I can give some insight. my md5 from the baseband.bak file that it made before i flashed the new baseband is also different from both of you guys so i'm guessing everyone's .bak md5 is different.

I have since restored from my baseband.bak sevral times just to comfirm what you guys are trying to do and it does restore back to previous baseband just fine

just rename the baseband.bak to baseband and (really you can name it whatever you want)
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/baseband of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
reboot

Thanks. I just flashed my baseband backup with no problem :)

I'd like to make one thing clear for everyone else reading:
most it would do would put you in a boot loop at worst wich could be easily saved by restoring a backup(that you did just before you tried this) from CWM. Or Odin if you couldnt boot into recovery

This means that you should make a backup of the baseband itself, with the instructions from the first post, not a CWM backup. CWM will not backup your baseband :p

Reactions: mavrikmeercat
Upvote 0
Thanks. I just flashed my baseband backup with no problem :)

I'd like to make one thing clear for everyone else reading:

This means that you should make a backup of the baseband itself, with the instructions from the first post, not a CWM backup. CWM will not backup your baseband :p
Yeah sorry about not making that more clear.. that is what I meant. you must do the backup while in cwm like the op. not selecting the backup option in cwm menu. thanks for catching that. dont want to confuse anybody

Reactions: BLuFeNiX
Upvote 0
hey mavrikmeercat waswondering if u could help with FC29Baseband_odinpkg.zip...cant get to install i get a elf error in dialogue box i have the auto reboot protect ops reset time(300sec) checked and thats all...i use ops u gave and phone tar as well but no install baseband remains eg30 any solutions?
people have had mixed results with the odin tar. idk why and I haven't looked into this yet.. It worked fine for me and chevanlol360 and a few others i've helped. try putting it in the one package. if that dont work the just put it on your sdcard and run the commands in terminial emulator like my erlier post. if you don't have adb like the op.

Reactions: dmcjr22
Upvote 0
Hey mav can you please upload the new FF27 baseband tar for odin if you have time? I didn't get it with chev's update or over air. By the way the FC29 worked great. Sorry I didn't thank you before but anyways Thanks & keep up the great work you do! Looking forward to 6.0. I forgot to say sorry to BLuFeNiX for posting this in his thread but I did what mav said to try in odin & it worked. Either way if either one has the FF27 baseband.tar that would be cool. Thanks to both of you! **Update Thanks anyways guys! I already fixed my phone! If you're wondering I posted how in chev's thread http://androidforums.com/transform-...7-new-boost-ff27-update-rooted-7-31-12-a.html

Upvote 0
Hey mav can you please upload the new FF27 baseband tar for odin if you have time? I didn't get it with chev's update or over air. By the way the FC29 worked great. Sorry I didn't thank you before but anyways Thanks & keep up the great work you do! Looking forward to 6.0. I forgot to say sorry to BLuFeNiX for posting this in his thread but I did what mav said to try in odin & it worked. Either way if either one has the FF27 baseband.tar that would be cool. Thanks to both of you! **Update Thanks anyways guys! I already fixed my phone! If you're wondering I posted how in chev's thread http://androidforums.com/transform-...7-new-boost-ff27-update-rooted-7-31-12-a.html
I will wen I get some time.. Been really busy with Megatron the past couple of weeks. I was planning on making tars for all basebands and passing them to BLuFeNiX so he might put them in his op. As soon as chevan and I release, I will get on that for you guys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones