• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to upgrade acer liquid E android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3

Hello,

I am using Acer Liquid mini e310 which is brought from saudi (I am using it in India). I am facing "low memory" issue quite often. I don't have any apps on my phone (except opera and es file explorer). Still my internal memory is filling up day by day. I am cleaning data and cache for each and every application. I don't know what's eating my memory. I tried factory reset also, but still facing the same issue. I am vexed with it . I tried software upgradation but it says that its the latest version. I have 2.2.2 on my phone.Now, i want to upgrade my phone to 2.3. Is it possible to upgrade without breaking the warranty? Please let me the process. Appreciate your help.

Model number: E310
Android version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: C4-1.200.11
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build number: Acer_E310_1.200.11_EMEA_GEN3

Thanks,
Mouli

Upvote 0
No need to apologize, everybody has been new to this at one point.

So it did not allow you to install it? Wow that is weird. Thought for sure that it would work.

There is another way but it would void the warranty (however, it would be possible to revert to stock).

It is a little bit risky, there have been a couple of instances where I have heard of it not going right and ruining the phone but I (as well as many other people) have done it many times with zero problems (if you just follow the directions carefully you should be fine). It does not root the device but does install firmware from a different region.

Just download the .bin file from here- Acer Liquid and Liquid E ALL ROMs bin extract collection - Android @ MoDaCo (I'd reccomend 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 or 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT)

And follow these directions- [TUTORIAL] How to flash .bin files on Acer Liquid/E - Android @ MoDaCo

And if anything goes wrong, refer to this thread- [TIP] Dont try to restart phone during flash if it looses connection, or u will have a bricked liquid! [MOD PLEASE STICKY!] - Android @ MoDaCo

Thank you so much hustlin. I registered here only to thank you.
You helped me a lot to update my Liquid Ferrari.

Reactions: HustlinDaily
Upvote 0
Anybody here pls help me.. how to upgrade acer liquid E android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3

I'm From INDONESIA

this is my mobile info
MODEL NUMBER: liquid
FIRMWARE VERSION : 2.1-update1
BASEBAND VERSION: A1-04.02.01
KERNEL VERSION : 2.6.29
BUILD NUMBER Acer_LiquidE_1.100.09_AAP_GEN2
device information
Acer APN Version : 1.61
PRODUCT SKU : AAP_GEN2
DEVICE INFO VERSION : 2.1
MANUFACTURER:Acer
MODEL ID: LiquidE
CPU vendor: Qualcomm
CPU speed : 768
CPU Version :8250
ROM size: 512
RAM size 512
HORIZONTAL PIXELS :480
VERTICAL PIXELS:800

I have try asking help for my friend to upgrade. but my android was blank..
Even my android has been ROOT...

HOPE SOMEONE CAN TEACH ME STEP BY STEP IM A NEW HERE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO USE ANDROID...thanks so much..

Upvote 0
Anybody here pls help me.. how to upgrade acer liquid E android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3

I'm From INDONESIA

this is my mobile info
MODEL NUMBER: liquid
FIRMWARE VERSION : 2.1-update1
BASEBAND VERSION: A1-04.02.01
KERNEL VERSION : 2.6.29
BUILD NUMBER Acer_LiquidE_1.100.09_AAP_GEN2
device information
Acer APN Version : 1.61
PRODUCT SKU : AAP_GEN2
DEVICE INFO VERSION : 2.1
MANUFACTURER:Acer
MODEL ID: LiquidE
CPU vendor: Qualcomm
CPU speed : 768
CPU Version :8250
ROM size: 512
RAM size 512
HORIZONTAL PIXELS :480
VERTICAL PIXELS:800

I have try asking help for my friend to upgrade. but my android was blank..
Even my android has been ROOT...

HOPE SOMEONE CAN TEACH ME STEP BY STEP IM A NEW HERE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO USE ANDROID...thanks so much..

Download the AAP_GEN2 package from here - Step5

There should be a setup file in that zip. Just follow the instructions on screen.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones