• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to upgrade acer liquid E android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3

waxman222002

May 15, 2011
anybody here pls help me.. this is my mobile info
MODEL NUMBER: liquid
FIRMWARE VERSION : 2.1-update1
BASEBAND VERSION: A1-04.04.05
KERNEL VERSION : 2.6.29
BUILD NUMBER Acer_Liquid_1.100.92_EMEA_CUS4

device information
Acer APN VErsion : 1.120-1
PRODUCT SKU : EMEA_CUS4
DEVICE INFO VERSION : 2.1
MODEL ID: LiquidE
CPU vendor: Qualcomm
CPU speed : 768
CPU Version :8250
ROM size: 512
RAM size 512

HOPE SOMEONE CAN TEACH ME STEP BY STEP IM A NEW HERE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO USE ANDROID...thanks so much..

Reactions: mimizero306
Thanks EarlyMon for moving this here.

@waxman, 2.2 is currently available for the Liquid E but 2.3 is not (unless you root the phone but unfortunately, no 2.3 ROM has all hardware working).

I do not know which region CUS4 is but your first option should be to try to download 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 from here- Step5 and try to install it.

If it does not work, then I guess that Acer stopped supporting that region (to be sure, check the Acer support website for your particular region) and you would have to install 2.2 manually (does void warranty, does not root the phone).

Try it out and let me know.

Upvote 0
After some reading around, turns out, that is the only Eclair ROM which supports Arabic.

Which country did you purchase your phone from? And is Arabic support important for you?

You should be able to install 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 BUT that ROM does not have Arabic support. If you need Arabic support, then I believe that there is some Liquid E Ferrari ROM which you need to install (and doing that does void the warranty, Acer really messed up in terms of Arabic support, while installing 4.002.14 through Acer Installer does not void the warranty).

Once again, best bet would be to check the Acer support website for your particular region.

Let me know, I can probably help.

Upvote 0
hi hustin thank you so much for your reply..actually this fon is just a gift from one of my patient here in saudi , so this is my first time using android lol...I DONT NEED ARABIC SUPPORT. so maybe i can install 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 but my question here is is it ok to install this since my fon is EMEA_CUS4?..i am really confused what is the meaning of GEN1 or CUS4..same with ROGERS and Fido, sorry im not really familiar with this,..i just want to have 2.2 for more DL application..thank you so much for your reply hustin i really do appreciate people like you..i will update you once i install this GEN1..

Upvote 0
HI HUSTIN,
i just clicked the step5 on your message and i found out this
4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT ,
4.005.05.AAP.GEN2, 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 ...can i install any of this?or i need to install the 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 only? the most updated is 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT..what`s the difference if i install the 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT?..so sorry for asking many question..just want to learn more about android..

THANKS SO MUCH.. :)

Upvote 0
They are region codes.

Attempting to explain it to the best of my understanding:

EMEA=Europe/Middle East/Australia (might be Africa, not 100% sure)
AAP=Asia/Asia Pacific
ROGERS, FIDO are both carriers in Canada. DO NOT INSTALL ROMs FOR THOSE REGIONS, IT WILL SIMLOCK YOUR PHONE (and do not think that there is a way to remove it).

GEN1, GEN2, CUS4, VFIT, bla bla bla are specific region codes (specific regions within regions). In terms of EMEA, Acer released ALOT of OS variants for 1.6/2.1 but only a couple for 2.2 (which is why you need to install GEN1 for your CUS4 phone).

Hope that helped.

Upvote 0
HI HUSTIN,
I ALSO READ THIS BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT he meant for " initial version only"
take a look at it...
"IMPORTANT – smart phones with Android 2.1 require TWO updates.
The first update will update from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 (initial version
only).
In order to get the latest version of Android 2.2, a second update is necessary.
The second time the update is performed, the OS update file should be
downloaded from the Android 2.2 Froyo menu."
i got this from the acer.com from the step 5 also with a file "IMPORTANT : Which OS update is right for my Liquid E phone'"... hoping for enlighting for this part..i am really confused... thanks a lot

Upvote 0
i installed already the GEN1 i found out that ....
"Supported version(s): EMEA_GEN1 & EMEA_CUS1
(Norway/Sweden/Swiss/Austria/Denmark/Finland/France/Germany/Iceland
/Italy/Luxembourg/Netherlands/Ukraine/South_Africa/Russia/Portugal/Spai
n/NZ/Australia/US/UK)
Update file name:
EUU_Acer_LiquidE_4.002.14_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05.zip"

IM HERE HUSTLIN IN SAUDI ARABIA, is it really gonna work my celfone here in saudi arabia? even saudi arabia is not on the list of supported version...? when you say if i need arabic support you mean to say the arabic language/arabic words/arabic written??cause im not arab so i just need english language... please hurtlin enlighten me again about this..so sorry for many question, this is my first time to use android... I JUST WANT TO HAVE ANDROID MARKET , YAHOO MESSENGER AND ADOBE FLASH PLAYER THATS WHY I WANT IT TO 2.2 version..

THANKS A LOT HUSTLIN FOR YOUR HELP.. :) so sorry im not computer wizard.. :)

Upvote 0
No need to apologize, everybody has been new to this at one point.

So it did not allow you to install it? Wow that is weird. Thought for sure that it would work.

There is another way but it would void the warranty (however, it would be possible to revert to stock).

It is a little bit risky, there have been a couple of instances where I have heard of it not going right and ruining the phone but I (as well as many other people) have done it many times with zero problems (if you just follow the directions carefully you should be fine). It does not root the device but does install firmware from a different region.

Just download the .bin file from here- Acer Liquid and Liquid E ALL ROMs bin extract collection - Android @ MoDaCo (I'd reccomend 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 or 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT)

And follow these directions- [TUTORIAL] How to flash .bin files on Acer Liquid/E - Android @ MoDaCo

And if anything goes wrong, refer to this thread- [TIP] Dont try to restart phone during flash if it looses connection, or u will have a bricked liquid! [MOD PLEASE STICKY!] - Android @ MoDaCo

Reactions: vtecboy
Upvote 0
Yeah just went to the Middle East Acer website and for Liquid E, there was no Froyo ROM available. My guess is that Acer stopped supporting your region. I think that flashing the .bin file is the only way.

There is a ROM for the Liquid E Ferrari, but I doubt that it would work. You can try running the Acer Installer to test it out, but I doubt that it would work- http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...pecial Edition&OS=a04&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_1

I think that the only way would be to flash the .bin.

Upvote 0
that is my question lol. if i can install the ROM for the Liquid E Ferrari on my fone which is is Acer LiquidE 2.1 ...did you hear anything or encounter same problem like this, if this gonna work?hmmm anyway im about to go now to customer service here in riyadh...i will update you again..MANY THANKS FOR YOU HUSTLIN, i really really do appreciate your help...

ONE MORE QUESTION lol if im going to canada or in asian country will my celfone gonna work? since my ACE LIQUIDE have a version supported here in Saudi Arabia, not on canada nor asian country...OR IF Im Going to CANADA OR ASIAN COUNTRY DO YOU THINK MY CELFONE WILL BE SIMBLOCK?since it has version supported by saudi arabia..... thanks so much hustlin for your time.. :)

Upvote 0
Well just try it, if the Acer Installer does not allow you to do it, then it wouldn't work (I doubt that it would work since your phone isn't a Liquid E Ferrari). You can also find a .bin file for a Liquid E Ferrari ROM and flash it using the Acer Download Tool (instructions above) if you want (though I do not think that there would be many benefits over GEN1 aside from cool Ferrari wallpapers).

As far as SIM lock goes, the only Liquid Es which I know for sure are SIM locked are the Canadian ones (ones purchased through Rogers/FIDO). You should be fine (but I am not 100% sure). Maybe it is something which you could ask Acer customer service if you do choose to go there (or call them).

Reactions: waxman222002
Upvote 0
how to upgrade acer liquid E android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3
anybody here pls help me.. this is my mobile info
MODEL NUMBER: liquid
FIRMWARE VERSION : 2.1-update1
BASEBAND VERSION: A1-04.04.05
KERNEL VERSION : 2.6.29
BUILD NUMBER Acer_LiquidE_2.100.27_EMEA_CUS1

device information
Acer APN VErsion : 1..106-1
PRODUCT SKU : EMEA_CUS1
DEVICE INFO VERSION : 2.1
MANUFACTURER:Acer
MODEL ID: LiquidE
CPU vendor: Qualcomm
CPU speed : 768
CPU Version :8250
ROM size: 512
RAM size 512
HORIZONTAL PIXELS :480
VERTICAL PIXELS:800

HOPE SOMEONE CAN TEACH ME STEP BY STEP IM A NEW HERE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO USE ANDROID...thanks so much..

Upvote 0
How do I update my Acer Liquid E ferrari edition from android 2.1 to 2.1.
I am from India.
AAP_G2F

Thanks

Welcome to the AndroidForums, rkakla.

Don't know much about the Acer Liquid E device, but hopefully one of the fine folks here will point you in the right direction for updating you version of Android.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the AndroidForums, rkakla.

Don't know much about the Acer Liquid E device, but hopefully one of the fine folks here will point you in the right direction for updating you version of Android.

Cheers!

Thanks you. I am stll looking for a way to upgrade my Ferrari :) to android 2.2. I want an official upgrade, because I do not want to void my warranty.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Can you please send the link of web page from where you got this link.
Because on the Indian website of Acer, this file is shown after selecting existing OS as android 2.2 in the drop down menu, whereas my existing OS is android 2.1

Thanks

It seems like your phone is imported and different from the version which Acer intended to sell in India (EMEA=Europe/Middle East/Africa, AAP=Asia/Asia Pacific and for some reason, the OS provided on Acer Support India is an EMEA version, not sure why, while your ROM is AAP based).

The ROM you needed wasn't on the Acer Global Download site (for some reason, none were there) so I just found it through a Google search (I searched for AAP G2F). This particular result- Acer released updated ROM for Ferrari - AAP - Android @ MoDaCo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones