1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

how to upgrade from android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kuknoor, Mar 1, 2011.

1. kuknoor

kuknoor New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    hi everyone,
    recently i went to china and bought a android tablet with 2.1 os from non brand manufacturer .
    as i am new to android os, i dont know how to upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3.
    but i tried to update. by clicking system upgrade->check updating, but it is giving error "failed in checking for updates err 301". plz help me.
    and one more thing i want to learn more about android os , so plz can u tell
    how can i do that..
    thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    It would help if you gave us a model number or something to go off of.

Otherwise, the only way to officially upgrade is to do what you did, system updates-update software. If there isnt one available, which I doubt as most off brand devices dont support upgrades, the only other way to do it is to root and install a rom with the version you want. You would have to visit xda-developers and find a forum for that device, if there is even one available.

3. Sunmaiden

Sunmaiden Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Retired
    San Carlos, Sonora, MX
    If you purchased a Gpad G10 2.1 eclair, I don't think there is an upgrade available yet. There is a firmware upgrade, but no OS upgrade available.

4. samsaysmore

samsaysmore Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I have the Flytouch epad 2.1 10" and I'm wondering if I could upgrade to 2.2. I'm having problems getting my pad to see my Huawei e1752 3G card and I heard in 2.2 it might be a little more stable. I'm also a complete noob to Android. Went to system updates and it says non available but I know 2.2 is out?

5. bubjub5555

bubjub5555 New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I have a dropad a9n and it has android 2.2 I want to upgrade it to 2.3 or 3.0 or 3.1 any help here are some specs
    CPU : 1 ghz
    7 inch capacitive screen
    built in 3G
    1024* by 600 TFT screen
    wifi / Bluetooth
    front and back cameras 2mps each

6. mohdradzi84

mohdradzi84 New Member

Nov 11, 2011
    i need to know is anyone know how to upgrade GTPad LY-F528?? That device come with android 2.2 and can be upgraded later to 3.0.. but where can i find the update?

7. Sunmaiden

Sunmaiden Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Retired
    San Carlos, Sonora, MX
    Does the company you purchased from have a forum? Check their website. If it was Pandawill, they have a big forum.