1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to upgrade from android 4.4.2 to latest android

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by diachi, Jan 10, 2016.

1. diachi

diachi Lurker

i have xolo 8x 1200 which has android 4.4.2 i want to uprade it to latest android will some body help it out .
    need step by step process to do it. as im not very tech frienly . thanx

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I don't know that device, but the general principles is simple:

* if the manufacturer has produced an update, go to Settings > About > Software Updates and ask it to check. If an update exists it will offer to install it. Otherwise you already have the latest version that's available for your device.

* if there is no official update, is there a custom ROM for the device based on a more recent version? Searching XDA-developers forums is usually a good way to find out. If there is, installing that (which will generally require a custom recovery, which you will need to root the phone to install) is the other way to update.

However, you only get a custom ROM if there is a development community for the device, and less mainstream devices are less likely to have this. So it's quite possible that option doesn't exist. If you find it though I'm sure people will be happy to explain the installation instructions.

There is no generic Android update, it always has to be built for the specific device (like any mobile OS). So those are the only options.

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Stay where you are, your tablet is optimized for the current version of Android by the manufacturer. Follow the method that Hadron said above, if you get nothing then you don't have to upgrade.