• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to upgrade your LG Esteem from MS910ZVB to MS910ZVC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its meant to fix the reboot issue some people are having (I have 2, had one replaced so 3 all together, and have had the problem with neither. One of my phones is on the update and one hasnt been updated, Since I and some other havent had the problems, these are they 2 only things I honest see with that the update did:

One being the phone boots up ALOT quicker

And it blocks root and is unrootable at the moment.

Those are the only 2 things I see it did, but then again I didnt,dont have and havent had any issues, so with no issues I cant tell you if it fixed anything other user are having problems with.

Upvote 0
i just tried this and it is telling me that my phone in up to date and it is zvb anyone have any imput on why

Well I'm updating my phone now. A bit nervous since I paid for kainsiansidadas optimizer app which requires root, not sure how this will interfere, but I guess I'm a bit curious as to what the update changes. If I notice anything or regret this I'll post back

LG Otimizer will not work once the phone has been return to stock with new update. But i always say "If it's not broken, than dont fix it." (IMO) :cool:

Upvote 0
Is it possible to do this update using a Mac computer?
From what I have found on the LG site-there does not appear to be support for the upgrade tool via a Mac computer. Will research it further but one option for you would be to make a visit to a Metro PCS store where they will update your phone for you.
Be aware that the update will be to ZVD not ZVC.

Upvote 0
Hey all, I'm not understanding this so could someone please school me. I have an old esteem that says it's operating on ZVB. I've downloaded the support tool and did everything according to the instructions from multiple places, including metroPCS themselves, and it says that I'm up to date. What gives?

Hey Jayplac-sorry for the late reply.
Is your phone rooted or pure stock:thinking:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Gbiggie. My phone was rooted when I tried it the first time and then I did a factory reset on it and tried it again. No luck. The good news is the 4 times a day rebooting stopped, but I'd still like to get the upgrade if possible as I understand it improves and smooths out the system.

Not really sure why it would see it as "updated". Could always put LGNPST on the case and flash ZVE to it. I have that .tot file.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones