1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support how to use Android smartphone for mobile payments?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by doadingcruel, May 17, 2016.

1. doadingcruel

doadingcruel Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2013
    Anyone here has used a mobile credit card reader? the one where you can easily accept credit cards from your smartphone that has a functionality of a standard credit card machine? I'm just curious, is it safe to use? Meaning safe from theft, fraud and privacy concerns?

I am using an Android smartphone, do I have to download an app for this?

Advertisement

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    I'd imagine it's about as safe as anything else you do online.

I assume you are using Square as that's the only one I've ever seen or heard about? You can read the security portion of their webpage here: https://squareup.com/security

The_Chief likes this.
  3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    my local bank has a special reader, it plugs into the headphone jack, and it links directly into their credit card service center.

I also have a Square reader, just never got around to signing up for it, as I don't sell hardly anything since I retired.

4. Chelsie_Sweet

Chelsie_Sweet Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2016
    Female
    I'm not so sure, I have not use a mobile credit card reader. My sister is into a business, perhaps that's exactly the one she was discussing a week ago. The only thing I heard was she has been assisted by a credit card processing company. I presume, that it's safe because everything is running smoothly in terms of her new system for payments transactions.

5. gbsa

gbsa Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 28, 2013
    I'm using both square and PayPal here, I've gotten the contactless chip readers for both. They connect by Bluetooth, been using them for years now. Used to swipe cards with their simple readers connected to the head phone jack. Now 95% of the cards I take are chip cards and last weekend someone paid with apple pay. I've never had a problem money goes directly into my bank with square. PayPal puts the money into my PayPal account which I access with my PayPal master debit card, those funds are available immediately. Square one business day.

psionandy likes this.
  6. doadingcruel

doadingcruel Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2013
    Are you talking about Tsys? according to the user reviews that I read online, they offer different cc services and they have wireless and portable cc machines too, I might give them a call next week to see what they can offer me.