1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support How to use Autokiller?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Halcyon, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Ok... how does one use Autokiller correctly? I want to make sure im optimizing my system to get even more battery than I am. Typcially I pull over 24 hours on a charge. Want to see if I can get over two days. Thanks in advance Nitsuj17 and Saps =P

Advertisement

2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    if you are pulling that kind of battery life...then id recommend avoiding autokiller honestly :)

for me though i use it on moderate as i find in a side by side comparison i get slightly better battery life...this is probably true for me and not others as im in and out of a ton of apps a day...many of which i only use that 1 time...and it ll knock a few of them out for me quicker than android itself would.

really though on the higher end phones autokiller isnt as effective as say the eris, where low memory is a persistent issue and you may see dramatic fc's increases without autokiller (especially with lpp)

Halcyon likes this.
  3. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Awsome thx Nitsuj17!

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    Total agreement here. When I used it AutoKiller, I had it on whatever the lowest setting was called conservative/moderate whatever its called. I uninstalled it a few weeks back and havent missed it and initially I almost thought it helped my battery life by removing it. Like nitsuj17 said 24 hours is all any of us want/need, IMO finding a nice uv kernel will help battery life more than autokiller ever will

5. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    NC, USA
    24 hours damn I would be :D if I got 24 hours and wouldn't think twice about looking for better.

6. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I notice a difference in speed on my phone with AK so I use it, dunno about battery. I wouldn't think it would have great effect on battery unless something in the background isn't working properly and draining it.

I use the strict setting. You have to experiment, it depends on how you use your phone and what apps you have.