• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to utilize a EXT4 partition on SDcard as "internal memory"?

8DEAMON8

Feb 13, 2014
Hello

I have a rooted HTC Sensation with CarbonROM 4.4.4 and a 32GB-SDcard with a FAT32-partition first and a EXT4-partition (about 12GB) as second partiton. (Then, windows can read the FAT32-partition right?)

Soo, now im looking for a script (in a zip for example) or something that makes this EXT4-partition as internal app memory. Similar like this (HowTo extend HTC Desire internal memory to 2Gb using CyanogenMod 7 and Data2SD) . I dont want things like App2SD and app management apps to manualy move all apps to the SDcard partition every time i install a new app.

I'm not sure what that Data2SDInstallerX1.zip for my HTC Desire did. But i think it moved the /data/-partition to the EXT4 somehow (maybe more partitions? Someone who know?). I tried to run the Data2SDInstallerX1.zip on my HTC Sensation but i got errors.

Thanks for all tips and suggestions

it is quite perfect but install rom first , do not submit any account , adjust yiur settings of your flashed rom , then reboot into recovery and install data2sdinstaller x1 then reboot , again reboot into recovery then install google app.(procedure is not mine , it is transfered from others), no responsibility of any kind will be shouldered by me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones