1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to view a text msg attachment contact.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bully74uk, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Bully74uk

Bully74uk Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Wiltshire, UK
    I knew this phone would be a steep learning curve !

A friend has sent me someones contact details as a text msg/mms fromvan iphone.
    I can see an atrachment symbol next to his name in my text messages but when i open the text there is nothing in there.
    How do i view the attachment to get the contact details ?

Advertisement

2. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    did you try long pressing the text?

and is there a DOWNLOAD button on the txt cause that would mean it never downloaded to your phone

3. Proph

Proph Android Enthusiast
    None

May 5, 2010
    Houston, TX
    normally when you open the text message in the message there is a paper clip symbol as well as you click on it and it will ask if you want to add to contacts or calendar etc...

however, i have found it is hit or miss. with several android phones and the vcard coming from other android phones, black berries, and iphones sometimes you just get a blank text message (although the message details describes itself as a multi-media message). sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. its very weird, and not specific to the nexus but it doesn't the same thing. now what works all the time is have people send the vcard or calendar event to your gmail, and you can add it there easily every time.

edit: i did forget to mention though i have seen this hit or miss behavior on at least 6 android phones running everything from 2.2,2.3 and now 4.0 but they were all on VZ.

Bully74uk likes this.
  4. Bully74uk

Bully74uk Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Wiltshire, UK
    Yes thats exactly what happened, blank msg showing as an MMS but despite showing a paper clip, had nothing in it.

And as you also suggested, the guy emailed the vcard to me and the GNex automatically saved it into my contacts.

Thanks.

Tags: