• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to view my TRENDnet IP Camera with my hero?

oosel

Mar 14, 2010
I have a trendnet TV-IP422W Internet camera. Its all set up with a ip and I can view it from any pc. I use it for security. How to I view the camera with my hero? I do the same thing I do on my laptop. Just type in the web address and it ask for a password, and then the picture pops up. On my phone the picture will not pop up! I see that im loged in and can see my controll pannel. But the picture/video does not show its blank.

Is there a special app for this?

It probably reqires an activeX control to use the browser and therefore does not work on the Hero. This is a wireless camera, but if you have a driver that turns it into a standardized web cam on your PC you can use Orb. Load Orb Server on your PC.

Orb | Media Anywhere - Free

Setup your free orb account during install. This install is very simple to do. If you have a TV tunner in the same PC you will be able to watch TV on the Hero as well.

Then go to the market and download the Orblive App. It cost , but is worth the small amount.

The big question is, is the streaming feature of the camera compliant with windows web cam protocols. If it works with skype or messanger it will work with Orb. A custom App that would let you control the camera would be great. I think we will see more support in the future. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Which free ip webcam viewer works fine on your phone. I have an EVO and I have not found one to work with my Cisco WVC210 camera, it is IP and uses ActiveX and works great on Internet Explorer, but, does not really work with anything else right. Expecially on my EVO, everything comes up, but, pictures is just plain black. Also, Opera Mobile 10.1 beta just sits there loading when I type in the IP address, just spins and does nothing. What version was the person earlier using? Maybe the beta does not work properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Which free ip webcam viewer works fine on your phone. I have an EVO and I have not found one to work with my Cisco WVC210 camera, it is IP and uses ActiveX and works great on Internet Explorer, but, does not really work with anything else right. Expecially on my EVO, everything comes up, but, pictures is just plain black. Also, Opera Mobile 10.1 beta just sits there loading when I type in the IP address, just spins and does nothing. What version was the person earlier using? Maybe the beta does not work properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Just like SentOne said (Just look up IP cam viewer in the marketplace it works awesome.) there are a few to choose from. I use ip cam viewer light its free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones